Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Nice iccle speakers them.

Yes had a listen earlier,sound very good

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: S&M

Treated myself to an new turntable Technics SL-1210GR, coming from a NA Spacedeck that I’ve enjoyed for the past 10 yrs plus, this is something else sound wise, precision in spades.

I ordered an arm board from Ammonite Audio run by a chap called Hugo, I didn’t have to wait too long for it (about a week) considering it had to be sent off to Speedy Steve to drill a hole for my AN Arm Three.

Installation of the arm board was a breeze compared to what I’ve read about the older Technics decks needing a bit of modding to the chassis, the new decks have an arm pod that pops out after getting inside the underside of the deck, so easily reversible if need be.

Now it’s down to the record shop :grin:

Looking good with Puresound Tenuto onboard.

21 Likes

That looks stunning Jez, looking forward to hearing it :grin:

1 Like

Is that an Io Ltd?

1 Like

I wish, it’s a borrow for a bit.

Arm is a bit high at the pivot at the moment, so need to drop that down a bit, and i’ll probably mess with loading a bit more, maybe…

Judging by the two extra wires, yes.

The thing about those Technics decks is that they just work with no faff, so clearly not suitable for a lot on here. Good decision on the mat, transforms the deck. I use mine the other way up on my SL1200 Mk2.

1 Like

Yes it is.

New system:

3 Likes

What’s it like?

The lamps vertical alignment looks out :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Only on my first album but it’s very good.

Better than the excellent Sonos Play 5 Gen2 (as it should be at the respective prices) and better than the Naim Muso which I had but was unimpressed with.

The Dynaudio app is taking some getting used to and the initial set-up wasn’t exactly pain free but now it’s working everything seem fine.

I was planning to try to use it in place of my old Yamaha tv soundbar but it is such a tight fit that I’m not sure I can get my fingers to operate the buttons on the top - though once set up it should be possible to use the remote or my iPad to control it.

Trick of the light - it’s perfectly straight.:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks interesting.

I would have bought the Sonos play 5, missed that one.

This didn’t replace a Play 5 though I have had two of them in the past.

I agree, faff free compared to the Spacedeck I was using, no more manual spinning of the platter and belt change for the speed, that can be off putting.

3 Likes

Why?

So the record doesn’t sit properly

2 Likes