Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Because it looks better.

You are totally wrong, as there is a recess on both sides. So it does sit properly.

Is the top surface not also concave with something of the order of a 1mm drop from outside to inside? Guy could surely advise?

It does have a recess both sides but the lower surface is flat whereas on the upper surface there is a drop of 1mm between the outer edge & the edge of the label recess. This is to help records sit better & makes the use of weights or clamps more effective. The rear side also (deliberately) isn’t coated so may need an occasional rub down!

No, I believe I am correct. The point of the Tenuto other than the material is the 1mm decline on the TOP surface. Also not all Tenutos have a label recess on the underside - My 5mm doesn’t, nor did the 10 odd I’ve sold. - It is flat - Most records are not.

Mine are different to yours, you have an old one. Mine have (as said above) recesses for both sides.

Sound good on a throwaway all in one phillips stack system.
Yet useless on my 18 watt class A valve amp

Valve amp to soft and slow for them. Use a cheap transistor amp, they are designed for midi systems and to be put on shelves.

I’ll try them with the little nobsound mini amp

I said not all Tenuto’s have label recesses. The 1mm decline is however only on one side. Hence the initial comment 'the record will not ‘sit’ properly.

Oddly, it sounds better upside down. Not sure why. It has the original Technics arm and a Technics £120 MM on it, so not exactly top end. Does sound great though.

1 Like

How many shakti stones are involved?

None in that system, just some pointy things on top of the speakers. :grin:

3 Likes

Got it under the TV - it’s nigh on an interference fit between the two shelves and there is no way of using any of the control buttons. Fortunately the app seems to cover everything and it auto shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity.

It’s great that after 10 years of living here I can sit in my big comfy living room armchair and listen to music in half decent quality.

Considering some of the systems you’ve had in there, that’s a step up then.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Cheap shot. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you

3 Likes

You are welcome.

1 Like

The systems, all of which were magnificent I’ll have you know, were all in the upstairs back bedroom as there is no space in the lounge.
I’m now having to use that bedroom to sleep in due to various issues.:weary:

3 Likes

:grin: