Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

• The low mass generator utilises a Samarium-Cobalt magnet with a low-mass cross coil madeof pure virgin copper wires
  • The aluminium 7000 telescopic tube cantilever maximises stiffness without a massive high Q peak
  • Micro Elliptical diamond stylus tip that is designed for maximum tracking ability without compromising the high frequency response or increasing surface noise
  • Bonded through diamond assembly maximises alignment and rigidity
  • Wide band frequency response of below 10Hz to 40kHz
  • Output of 0.5mV will provide a lifelike dynamic range with depth and precision

Copper wire and elliptical diamond. Must sound pants then :wink:
I think not!

3 Likes

Pure virgin copper
drools

Maximises stiffness

1 Like

Bonded

Telescopic tube

Nothing wrong with those attributes and a decent quality elliptical can sound fine. SamCo magnet too :+1:

Made the move from Roon evangelist to Roon zealot today;

I’m well aware that I could have built a NUC but, honestly, I couldn’t be fucked. I’m well aware of my limitations at making things that aren’t edible and it’s tax deductible anyway.

It’s in and running. As I still have to test non Roon compatible stuff, I haven’t installed an internal drive so it can access the Melco (and, non Roon stuff can access the Melco directly). It does mean that my ‘front end’ before decoding is now three boxes worth of faff (Nucleus, Melco, SOtM) which should fit well here.

4 Likes

is it a Nucleus or a Nucleus +?

Standard Nucleus. I don’t upsample in Roon or use more than two zones so it didn’t seem worth it.

Does it actually sound better than anything into the same DAC via async USB?

Honest answer is don’t know because my old Core (this laptop) didn’t run direct and neither does the Nucleus. I’d be amazed if it did. I have a separate endpoint for convenience not a belief it makes things better.

1 Like

Ah, faff for convenience. Wait, what?!?

Every once in a great while, I get something in for test with a USB input that really doesn’t get on with Roon. With the SOtM, I can switch it to boggo UPnP and keep going.

Ultimately, my system makes absolutely no sense outside of review work. Faff highlights include;

21 conditioned mains outlets
4 MM/MC phono inputs
8 Digital inputs
6 line inputs,
Parallel Roon/Non Roon UPnP testing
A drawer of carts

4 Likes

Challenge is to fill them all.

The phono inputs have been on a few occasions (TT group tests). I haven’t used all line inputs on this amp but I have also used six of those at once for a CD player group test in the past. I have an Exposure/Kudos active system inbound that needs six mains sockets just for amplification so the mains socket count isn’t pointless either.

Pictured; faff

9 Likes

The result of a road trip to Simons.

23 Likes

The arm or the tenuto

The arm , had the Tenutu a while :wink:

I knew that but maybe others mightn’t…arm name please?

Fidelity Research FR 64 FX…

1 Like