Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I have some Naim NAC4 somewhere…

If it’s in your storeroom it will take some finding. That place is rammed.

This sort will improve the sound of naim…

1 Like

Spud you like

1 Like

Nice buy that.

Swapping the 322 boards in the NAC42 for the 323 MC boards, still a 4 pin snaic short, I have six of the bloody 5 pin ones and one 4, where I need 2.

1 Like

Take 34 - nearly there

3 Likes

It’s like spot the difference.
SL 10 replaces SL7?
If so it looks nice a better pic is required though :+1:

Yeah, I know, sorry and all that.

SL-10 replaces SL-7, DAC is a different colour and all foo capped.

1 Like

Nice :+1: do you find any improvement over the 7. It looks in lovely condition. Where do you keep getting these SL decks from?

10 looks nicer and usually comes with the desirable MC310

So far, I think the SL-10 edges it, though certainly not on all tracks / Albums / genres. It might just be different though; we’ll see.

I get the decks from all over tbh. Just fantastic ease of use and great spp. Love 'em :grinning:

1 Like

Not many come with the MC310; they are starting to fetch good money on their own.

A poor picture, and the last one for a while, but more or less gives an idea of the “finished” system -

There is a matching speaker on the other side, and I have a 310MC cart incoming but then I’m done for a while.

10 Likes

What’s the large black box on the floor?

Power Amp

1 Like

Well, bugger I forgot how much LP12s bounce when you walk near them on suspended floors. Having issues with the NAIM PS not PS’ing, but listening to this lot anyway.

Kans actually sounding OK for once.

1 Like

Be even better if you could get them outside that window.

18 Likes

Better still - Over the fence

11 Likes

Ahem, well I am actually rather enjoying listing to them this morning, Nightmares On Wax LP.

Kans are so system dependent and probably the most marmite speakers I own. 99% of systems they don’t work with, but a full Linn front end (in this case LP12/Lingo/Ekos/Troika) and vintage CB Naim and they change their appeal. I am even using the horrible sounding Naim NAC4 cable and SNAIC4 cables.

Kans also have to be against a wall, or this case on one. MK1 are the ones to go for if you like them.

p.s. thinking of getting out the Sound Organisation table to sit the Linn on for the full 1980s experience.

1 Like