Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

You might as well get out any Blue Nile Albums to compliment the experience Bob…

2 Likes

Really? :wink:

1 Like

This. (agreeing with @jim :scream:) It is a cable so it really doesn’t have a sound. It is fucking ugly though and unbelievably stiff and awkward to use, especially if terminated with Naim speaker plugs.

Horrible stuff.

1 Like

There’s a SO table near me if you want it stockpiling, £40 on PFM

You also really do need to sort out that cable dressing behind the amps if you want the full Naim experience. Also get them off that table onto a dedicated support, something like Naim Fraim perhaps??:smirk:

1 Like

You could always upgrade the pre-amp by getting a bigger power supply for it. Then a 250, then 135’s
Oh, hold on. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks, but I already have one I bought new in the 80s.

1 Like

Me too. I still use it in t’brewery :+1:

1 Like

I do have 22s, 12s, 160, 120 as well as another old NAPS

Are you trying to build a museum of shit-fi or something?

12 Likes

Done hours and hours of AB comparisons between my SL-10 and SL-7 decks now.
I’ve been using the same carts, music, kit, room etc and to my ears, there is no doubt about it; other than with the 310MC cart, the SL-7 is the better sounding deck. Not by a massive margin but definitely better.

With the 310 cart though, the tables are reversed a bit.

The SL-1O looks nicer though.

End of mini review.

4 Likes

Thanks.

Welcome

1 Like

I did tell you, but no you had to go ahead anyway.

I wanted to see for myself Bob and I wanted an SL-10 anyway, iconic deck.

I now have two and the SL-7 is still better :smile:

1 Like

Interesting.

A mate has an SL-10 and he loves it, but declares the allegedly wonderful inbuilt phono stage to be “a bit shit”. I’m not convinced he thinks it’s a huge leap up from his old SL-7.

The phono module on the SL10 is shite. I always bypass it when I use mine.

The SL 10 I had years ago didn’t come with a phono stage it was just a MC head amp.

This is what it is.

Makes the deck very good with the MC cart but the SL-7 is better for MM, imo.

1 Like

At the moment Adam, I am the proud owner of 3 SL-7’s and 2 SL-10’s and 5 mm carts and 1 mc cart for them.

After, I would say, conservatively, 30 hours mind numbing, back to back comparison, the SL-7 to these ears is better for mm.

MC is a bit unfair, as there is only the 310MC to compare, but the SL-10 does win that through the relevant stages of my Remton phono.