Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Mould is grey.

Slung the Hana in tonight for its first run . . Impressions . . The Lyra needs a retip

Glorious

4 Likes

…or putting in a skip :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry mate, but I hate them with a passion. YMMV, of course :grin:

2 Likes

Haha, I like them though I’m wondering whether to just save for the microline once it hits

Which model is the Lyra?

Early lydian

If you get it retipped, do you think it will be a nicer sounding cartridge than the Hana?

That is the question. I look forward to hearing the new one.
Retipping is another minefield.

I do like the punch of Lyra’s

Set of boards soon to become a Paradise phono stage with a bit of luck. A bag full of bits came with them. :+1:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Where did you get them? Not many of them left now, especially not even started!

I came across them by good fortune after an online request and their owner agreed to let me have them for the original group buy cost which was lucky. I couldn’t let them pass me by at that price

5 Likes

Major result that Tim :+1:

Congrats.

It’s crap, not worth the bother, I’ll be kind and take them off you, saves you the bother :rofl:

3 Likes

Shame we couldn’t evaluate the Paradise properly at Settle. I was genuinely interested in their performance after hearing so much hype about them.

Kinell

Is Simon building it for you?

Foo resistors obligatory. Don’t feck with with the inputs :smirk:

It was much better when I put the Art 9 on :wink:

There is a rumour it works well with an IO without SUT, it’s so deathly quiet I can believe it.

:grin:

I’ll reserve judgement on that :wink:

Does it use transformers, or is the MC stage active?

Its all active. Not something I’ve heard either with IO, but Simon who’s built 30 has .

Same as owt, there’s a fair amount of BS out there, no 2 are the same doesn’t help matters. The loading , which they seem sensitive to is a PITA for most, although Sap7’s has loading plugs on the back.

1 Like

I would expect he’s compared it directly with a serious SUT and MM stage?

No kidding :grin:

The loading , which is essential, is a must for most.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t quite do it for me. I would have to hear one properly before passing judgement, I’m afraid.

Not trying to diss the Paradise, but just need convincing. Heard too many flavours of the month to be drawn in.