Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

About time you had some luck with Phonos!

1 Like

I collected Paradise last night as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t need it, but a moment of weakness. Croft Series 4.

5 Likes

Doesn’t that qualify for what you would usually call skip fodder ?

I have a soft spot for Croft, even though pretty much every one I have owned needed repairing at some point. Liking the early Series V power amp (EL84) I have after the wonderful Greame @Valvebloke fixed it.

Yes it looks like a skip job, but hopefully it sounds good.

:+1:
#nottheNVAjokeforonce

I have owned a few Croft’s I am aware of the OTLs reputation, however this is not OTL, hence it doesn’t have scorch marks :grin:

I would consider a Series 3 OTL, but then smack myself in the face and walk away.

p.s. when your builders are finished I will pop it over, that will be mid-2020 mind at the rate they are going.:wink:

I’ll lend you the Plinius then. That is a proper man’s amp :smile:

Nah, it’s stereo, I can lend you a pair of KRELL KAS-2.

1 Like

Nope, but thanks anyway. I’ve yet to hear a Krell amp I would let* in my front door unless I wanted to hold a rave in my house. (I don’t want to hold a rave in my house).

*struggle to carry

1 Like

After the impulse buy of yet another pair of Heybrook Sextets, I took the opportunity of an empty house to set them up in the living room this morning. The house is trashed as we had to take the playroom apart to find the woodpecker, so boy is doing a huge Lego in the living room.

Set up in the fireplace, with my very first Squeezebox and a class d amp I had lying round. Sounds fine, despite the many compromises. Goes to show that it’s always speakers that you need to get right.

5 Likes

Audiophile Logic:

• So, instead of sorting out the playroom and tidying the living room, I’ll play around with some equipment and maybe the Missus won’t notice that I can’t multitask and don’t give a shit :thinking:
3 Likes

And did you?

It was in a box marked woodpecker. Where else?

8 Likes

The holes in the box are presumably for just in case it wakes up?

6 Likes

Maybe it will come out a different colour

1 Like

It is just resting.

3 Likes

You can rest assured it will.

Hopefully David Beckham style

New Croft arriving on a pallet apparently, I didn’t think it was that big or heavy :hushed:

1 Like