Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Not new, just remembered I had it Bob :sunglasses:

2 Likes

3 Likes

The don’t sound like Kontrapunkt / Cadenza.

9 Likes

They also do an interesting looking speaker - Transpuls 1500

3 Likes

I know it’s early doors Mike but whaddya think ?

Amazingly open and detailed. Soundstage is good and the bass is workable in my small listening room, OK in depth but could do with being a bit fuller in the mid range.

Maybe that will fill out during the recommended 100 hour break in.

For the money they are already ridiculously good.

Excellent news Mike - glad I wasn’t being over the top. Given how good they are straight out the box I definitely think they’ll improve over time.

The ribbon is definitely the star of the show.

I look forward to hearing how they develop.

1 Like

Looks very AT-LP5ish.

Ooooh. Like!

Same source but with a stronger motor, POM platter, longer arm & better feet.

Incidentally a minty looking Beogram 2000 turned up at the recycling centre today. Are they sought after by B&O fans?

Which one?

The 1970s one - Beocentral - Beogram 2000

Or the 1980s one - Beocentral - Beogram 2000

The 1970s version has a reasonable following but the 1980s version is less collectible. Daft really - everyone wants the linear trackers of this era, even though they are not as good sonically, The 80s Beogram 2000 is one of my favourite B&O decks.

1 Like

80’s version

Probably worth £50 - £70 with no cartridge - up to £200 with a working MMC on board.

Well worth saving, IMHO!

It appears that the idler bushes on my 401 are on the road to being FUBARed. Is replacement a job that requires many expletives, and are Loricraft spares the way to go?

http://www.audiosilente.com/index.html

I used one of their idler wheels for a Lenco, very well made and good value. I may get one of these for my 401.

They seem to be well regarded. Obviously @Ruprecht will be the ultimate arbitrer on that.

1 Like

Simones idlers are excellent,the bushes are proper sintered bronze as per the originals - we use them on all SE units (301 and 401). The wheel’s rubber is ground slowly over an 8 hr period (It has to be slow, go fast and the rubber damages) The hub is well machined too. The bushes that come with the idler are sung. The only issue is alignment between top and bottom - The bottom bush is held captive with x2 small rivets. This can be a faff. The top bush is a pressure fit - Push the old one out and press the new one in. It may be simpler to just try the top bush. If when installed the idler has no rock in N, S E or West and spins freely you may be satisfied with that.

(Bottom bush with plate removed)

(Old & new bushes)

N.B: Always remember to wipe the running face of the idler, pulley and inner running face of the platter down after faffing

2 Likes