Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Fxd.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the bottom bush is the one that seems to be worst. From what I can see the Audiosilente wheel doesn’t come with any rivets, which ones would be needed?

Ah, he usually includes them with the ones we get in. Probably worth an email Simone is decent to deal with. I’d still try too bush first … aligning the bottom bush in the carriage with the top bush in the top plate is not always easy. If you do replace the bottom one it is easier to tap the holes and use screws to secure the plate.

M3?

Oooh, tell me more.
Would this suit the tonearm on the Pro-ject Experience Acryl ?

VTA looks a bit high.

1 Like

Bought it ages ago, too low output really (0.09) but sounds OK . Been in a drawer for ages.

Wow, that is low output!

Yep, they need a gain adjustable MC stage or a 10db step-up into a MC stage. My Allnic doesn’t have enough gain, but the Audio Synthesis does. I tried the MC200 in another persons system and their MC stage didn’t have enough gain (having to listen at 3/4 volume on the loud pedal). Sounded great, certainly a lot better than their MC, but it is one of the Ortofon really low output carts.

A MM stage with a high gain 26dB step-up should be okay.

1 Like

decided unclepunkle lovely proacs on ebay are too much so pimped my old ms aviano 1 with some chord oddy cable lying around and swopped out those cheap links for some chord signature and certainly made a big difference to bass and clarity .

Oooh!, could you starta cable thread? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

1 Like

Having drifted the bearings in the wheel moves smoothly but doesn’t freewheel. This is the case with just the top or bottom bearings at the moment as well, so is it just a case of keeping lubricated and running them in?

When I find myself in times of rage Bob Ross comes to me. Speaking soothing words of wisdom he talks me down

3 Likes

5 Likes

Have you pressed in new bushes? When you say doesn’t free wheel do you mean when spinning with your finger the wheel doesn’t turn?

New bushes in top and bottom. Moves when pushed with a finger but doesn’t keep spinning when you stop.

Old one seemed to, but that may just be that the bushes were that trolleyed.

i was a little hesitant !!!

Bob Ross what a legend :+1:

You may have noted when placing the bushes on the idler pin that the tolerance was just right. The reason the idler is not spinning is due to alignment (Possibly also the pressure of pressing the bushes in)
Don’t be tempted to ream the bushes out as this will close the pores of the sintered bronze.
A good run in at 78rpm (With the platter on) followed by a clean and re lube is the way to go. Pm if you need any further assistance M

2 Likes