Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

We can test the theory at Edds bake. If he gets any wrong then I get to keep them :smile:

1 Like

If it’s done at my bake it will be done:

By listening test

Blindfolded

Using flute rock

On tape.

4 Likes

Using a tape LCR head amp he builds on the day out of stuff in your garage. CNC machining is allowed.

Enough of your sexual predilections, thanks.

You need to get out more…

1 Like

2 Likes

Mind the spigots (I’m sure you will) :grin:.

VB

Spigots are overrated, it’s much more exciting to guess the correct orientation.

New DAC. Very pleased so far.

9 Likes

Nice system Olan. What model is the pre?

LS 26. I will be in the market for a new pre-amp at some stage. The rest of it is reasonably sorted now…:fearful:

Sorry for being thick.

Clockwise description of the boxes please.

Bottom right is the DAC?

Top shelf: Audio Research LS 26 line stage, Allnic H1500 phono stage (power supply hidden away).

Bottom shelf: Audio Note ANS3 SUT (next to DAC). Aesthetix Pandora DAC (blue screen), Lumin D1 streamer.

1 Like

What dac were you using before please?

Sadly I’m only clear on the purpose of 2 items in that list.

However I know a lot about 80s hair metal.

So, y’know, swings and roundabouts.

7 Likes

I was using the balanced analog outputs on the Lumin driven by a linear power supply from MCRU that I bought it with. The Lumin is a really good device for not silly ££.

Unfortunately the app is utter shite though.

Nice system Olan - think Nick has a Lumin, no?
If so I wonder how they compare to the Aurenders?

(Having no hi fi and a cratered house I’m currently ‘transitioning’ by discussing other people’s systems… soon, to up my fix, I may start visiting top end hi fi shops to ‘demo’ expensive sets-ups).

I use Roon so I wouldn’t know.

The Aurender app is pretty good albeit too brown.

Seriously, it’s shit brown and no other colour options, which can’t be that difficult to code surely.