Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I run the 18" up to 350 or 400 now (can’t remember which without looking in Najda under control software) crosses to sub via Najda at 60 Hz.
Fane (it’s a Colossus XB) quote a usable frequency range of 35 to 1k so well within comfort zone. I run them off a bridged pair of Crown xli1500 amps giving about 900W into 8 Ohms with a decent damping factor. Something very right about big drivers, well under control moving a lot of air with minimal cone movement. They are quoted at 99dB at 1 M.
Running something above them like Pete’s Landfill Olympians or the Altecs that Edd was mocking up in cad a few weeks ago appeals (although not the price of the YL drivers!)

For trying something a bit different reasons.

8 Likes

I think those the drivers that someone covers in dots by hand (and charges considerably more than a none dotted version). I remember what they’re called shortly, i hope.

What do they sound like?

Detail, speed and transparency like you wouldn’t believe. Very good imaging.

A bit bass light, as you would expect, although my room is so small that this isn’t as big an issue as you might think.

1 Like

enAbl or something. Yes, EnABL.

1 Like

Yes thats it. Well done

Pearly queen

2 Likes

Supersleuth

Yep, that’s it.

Complete and entirely resplendent with it’s very own 3 chamber Fibonacci horn cabinet :+1:

No I just remember when it first appeared, have chatted about it with Stephan who imports the Mark audio drivers in the past.

It was a pair of Frugelhorns with Alpair 10 drivers that I owned that got me interested in these.

I’ve no doubt they’re a very engaging listen, esp in a small room.
Not sure i buy into the dots, but wevs.

Frugal horns = good

Drivers that use tippex and felt tip marks with enclosures based on Fibonacci = Peter Belt levels of bonkers.

1 Like

All full range drivers should be burnt. (Unless used as a mid)

2 Likes

Incredible in many ways Graham.

If I could find the “Enhance Bass” button they would be my perfect speaks.

Just need a pair of small bk subs and dsp ftw.

3 Likes

Don’t think I could disagree with a word of that.

They do sound very good though.

Palestine !

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yes I had a pair of frugalhorn xl with alpair drivers and never listened to so much vocals in my life

1 Like