Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yes it is. A Transrotor Fat Bob.

2 Likes

Compound noun joy. Yes!

1 Like

Turntable sounds much better.

Not exactly new to me but I’ve been getting a lot of pleasure of late from a vintage Ortofon SL 15 mounted in the heavy Orsonic headshell. I don’t own an SPU but this does much the same although at more sensible VTF ie 1.6g

This cartridge dated from 1968 (it came with the original receipt) is on its original elliptical diamond & sounds lovely. Wasn’t dear either. A great daily driver.

8 Likes

Was it an expensive cart in it’s day?

Yes the SL15, SL15T and the SL15MT were championed by Ortofon as better than the SPU’s. Of course they would say that as these were the carts they were shifting following the SPU. However as Guy notes they are a very decent daily rake.

T= Built in transformer
MT = Metal headshell (Looks like an SPU Bakelite headshell but it’s metal) with built in transformer

After these came the SL15 ELL, SL15 E MKII and probably a few other iterations of the SL15 - Can’t remember.

1 Like

This one is SL15 ELL which incorporated lugs so it didn’t need the dedicated headshell although it would seem quite a few wound up in SPU type shells or the cut down version of that shell.

1 Like

Been reading lots of good things about these little speakers, so

australian-hifi_reviews_2013_2013-10_usher_s520_webbot

4 Likes

I like those :+1:

I found out only recently that AN Voyd Reference decks would be supplied with 9.5mm thick reference arm boards.

Obviously they add mass, but also remove the need for the brass spacers under the arm board.

Anyway, I had one made in 10mm aluminium with black powder coat finish and replaced the regular board on the FR64fx, and it does seem to have grown some big boots

6 Likes

Love it, nice job on the arm board

520,s ??

Yep :slight_smile:

New to me Spectral racks. AV rack has enough space to operate the top loader Transcend transport and still have two TT’s above. 5 tier rack courtesy of ICHM. Thanks Bob.
Now have to sell 3 racks and 3 TT stands. Hardly postable.

15 Likes

I really like those. Apparently they weigh a ton.

That set up looks amazing

Helius turntable? How is that?

Did you have an Avid at some point or am I imagining it?

Nice set of Mondrain prints. Funny enough he lived 200m from where I live and on the same road as Henry Moore.

Racks are also very nice :wink:

1 Like

Yes I used to have an Avid.
The paintings are my handy work on canvas not prints.
Yes the racks weigh a lot!

2 Likes