Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

As someone notionally in competition with you for freelance work, I have no problem with that at all.

14 Likes

Which variety of Io? Old Japanese by the look of it.

Yeah, old IO2. Bit rusty now :rofl:

I do like that

Thanks, age appropriate Japanese arm was always on the wish list for the Sony. Looked at Sony’s own PUA1600 but J7 advised he wouldn’t rewire/fix them.

1st impressions are good, and it looks great.

1 Like

The whole turntable looks great.

Have you got the Io working ok into the Paradise now?

Nice little recycling project :+1:

13 Likes

There’s always 1 cunt :rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I think you’ll find there are several on here.

Phwoar :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Further to this, there is a performance advantage! Admittedly that advantage is my laptop running better because it’s no longer doing Roon bollocks but there you are. Well worth* it.

*Possibly.

Yeah using a laptop for streaming has always struck me as the wrong choice. It means they are probably connected by cable, which is inconvenient, and some of the audio software is surprisingly resource-hungry. I think I’d be buying a Raspberry Pi for £40 though, rather than a Roon malarkey, but I’m stingy and have time to spend on this kind of thing.

Set up a pi and Volumio the other day to give it a go.

1 Like

Usually the same cunt. Sorry.

If it’s any consolation, my speakers look like washing machines and cost me twice what the cunts that made them are now selling them for brand new…

I got mine for about half of RRP and now they are a grand cheaper again!!

Have they discontinued them?

I believe so. The fucked-up ROYALLY with pricing the whole range - the original Direkt was somewhat underpriced, and they stupidly seem to have tried to make up ground by making the Dreiklangs double what they should have been (£10K rather than ~£5K). They’re bloody good speakers, and compared to the competition well-worth £10K, but Heco is a no-name outside of Germany with no marketing of any kind. The “Marmite” looks and massive size were the nail in the coffin. Shame, but Heco do have a gift for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory…

1 Like

They are a 70Kg jar of Marmite, luckily I love Marmite.

They were definitely over priced though, bit of a Billy Bargain now.

I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to my pair very often but hearing them at Cranage with the 845s running them & a nice tape as the source I’d still struggle to think of any speakers that I’d enjoy more for £10K. There’s plenty I hear in Munich that cost 5x or 10x that I wouldn’t choose either.

2 Likes