Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

Crack cocaine appears to be A Thing.

Seems ideal from a dealers point of view :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, and let’s face it, drug-users are not exactly famed for their long-term planning skills…

I was given some before I had the main anaesthetic for an op once. I hated the sensation of suddenly feeling woozy and nauseous, and that was while lying down. Appreciate that many recreational users probably don’t just start with it, but I can’t say I look forward to ever having it again.

1 Like

Same could be said for alcohol. Addicts and alcoholics work through it.

1 Like

I guess they had their reasons for giving it to you while you were conscious, but IME it was only used after induction.

This just popped up on my Linkedin.

Want, but might not get my fat arse off the ground.

1 Like

It’s a good fentanyl follow on

1 Like

I trust the bird man of Fetlar is watching this.
Lopwell.

2 Likes

I recall them saying it was a pre-anaesthetic. They did explain why but at that point I was starting to go under so can’t remember!

I do remember someone putting lube on their fist and smiling as they turned me over, might have something to do with it I dunno…

1 Like

It’s bloody powerful stuff, I had it a couple years ago for a colonoscopy. I’m sure the dose was in the micro rather than milligram levels. I was out my tree fascinated watching my insides on the screen whilst getting a 6ft metal tube shoved up me. Didn’t feel a thing, they could have shoved a double decker bus up there and I couldn’t have gave a fuck at the time. My heart goes out to those addicted. Particularly those who became addicted via prescription in the US where the docs where coining it in from big pharma. Then it was made pretty much illegal overnight and normal everyday joes are now street junkies. Louis Theroux did a great documentary on it. Should still be on iPlayer i think.

Crash barriers. Taken for granted. Unsurprisingly much more complicated than they appear.

1 Like

What could possibly go wrong?

5 Likes

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00271-7/fulltext

The international sign language dictionary at Sign language dictionary | SpreadTheSign has an official entry for 5 axis CNC milling machine in English, two versions of German and Estonian.

4 Likes

Interesting. I was seconded for a few years to the neighbouring accelerator lab at Daresbury, and did some work with their synchrotron and energy-recovery linac machines, but I wasn’t aware there had been a predecessor in Liverpool itself. As the machines get larger it really helps if the bedrock on which they’re built is unusually stable and vibration-free. One of the reasons for choosing Daresbury as a site was the handy outcrop of Bunter sandstone there. I guess that something like that might be harder to reach, and more compromised by tidal distortion and wave noise, not to mention traffic noise, as you approach the coast.

1 Like

That it is illegal to get a tattoo in South Korea

Given some of the tasteless crap people get etched into their skin over here, maybe the Koreans have it right

1 Like

I find these old videos informative. Fascinating part about brake pads with channels to allow water to dissipate.:nerd_face:

3 Likes