Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

1 Like

I was really surprised by the Choates in the Lake District.

2 Likes

I have just learned that NASA’s Mars helicopter ‘Ingenuity’ has a chief pilot who rejoices in the name of ‘Håvard Grip’.

Seems to fit the thread title

2 Likes

Turd-class degree essential.

11 Likes

I just learned that whatever I had for tea, it wasn’t the leftover sweet potato and spinach curry that the wife left for me, because that’s definitely still in the fridge :thinking:

10 Likes

There have been no reports of fires in That London so it can’t have been sausages anyway.

3 Likes

I understand that I have eaten a “tiny” portion of aubergine curry.

I did wonder if something was amiss because it was advertised as “large”, and even by my standards (half of you lot would be calling social services) it wasn’t large.

I’m basically just shit at food.

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is real…apparently…

3 Likes

Was on the news earlier. It cost £30K but they expect it to pay for itself almost immediately given the attention it’s generated.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Alexander Douglas 10th Duke of Hamilton (1756-1823)

It would take a while to list the Duke’s full titles as he was also: The Duke of Brandon, a Marquess, held three Earldoms, and a handful of Baronetcies. The Duke was obsessed with his lineage and the importance of his birth.
When his successes failed to live up to his expectations he began to plan for his death. Having outbid the British museum, he purchased an Egyptian sarcophagus, in which he planned to be buried. Unfortunately the Duke had purchased a sarcophagus made for a princess.
The Duke was rather taller than the average princess and became concerned that he would not fit into the coffin. We would lay in the sarcophagus from time to time to convince himself he would fit in it.
On his death bed he was still concerned that his body was too large and instructed his family to ‘double him up’ to make him fit.
Unfortunately he was still too large and his feet had to be removed prior to burial.

Practicalities be damned, the meat force is strong.

10 Likes

A recent addition to the management team at work has a second home in Skegness.
He is Gammon to the core and proclaims Skegness to be the “New Jerusalem”.
He mentioned this sign last week and I laughed at him, as it sounded like another groundless, blustering claim.
…I shall continue to laugh AT him with renewed vigour :+1:

He is a dick !

1 Like

Brace yourself!

1 Like

You can take the man out of Skeg …

To be fair, they do have to live through the winter there every year. It’s properly depressing. Until he’s survived a couple of those he can’t claim to know what the place is really like …

As for the New Jerusalem, have you asked him how he feels about small groups of heavily-armed religious settlers turfing out the long-standing residents of Ingoldmells ?

2 Likes

Built this 123ft mausoleum to be buried in…
Hamilton Mausoleum was the resting place of the family of the Dukes of Hamilton. Built in the grounds of the now-demolished Hamilton Palace, its high stone used to hold the record for the longest echo within any man-made structure in the world, taking 15 seconds for the sound of a slammed door to fade

3 Likes

Did they fuck, they cremated him and sold the sarcophagus to the British Museum.

2 Likes

Pah, amateurs. Go pyramid or go home

3 Likes

Unfortunate site of a wasps nest 🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes