Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

I have none of them, and i think i have only heard two of them. I am fine with that.

Might stick wakeman in the lopwell raffle

Gentle Giant is there.
VDG didn’t release an album in 1973.

1 Like

I own 7 of those

1 Like

73 was a pretty good year by the look of it

Aladdin sane
Billion dollar babies
For your pleasure
Catch a fire
Innervisions
Raw power
Headhunters
Goodbye yellow…
Goats head soup
Let’s get it on
Overnite sensation
Stranded
Solid air

3 Likes

Ooh, didn’t realise that was 50 years ago!

Was '73 the birth year of the egregious ümläüt (AKA the ‘um-lout’)?

The name Graeme has died out. No new baby boys named last year.

Graham is still in use though.

Are you going to tell him ?

2 Likes

He is Scottish and Greame is the Scottish spelling. Graham is the Anglicised version of it. Time to give the Scots a good talking to and he could be the guy to do it.

ISWYDT :smile: !

My mum saw the name Graeme Muir at the end of some credits for a 1950’s TV show (probably this, which he produced). She liked it and since my dad wouldn’t have minded much what I was called, within reason, it’s what I ended up with. My middle name came from my paternal grandfather.

Today saw the sharing on social meeja of a friend’s pics from the 1990s of her sporting a bubble perm.

This gag-reflex provoking visual assault reminded me that, a) these abominations ever existed, and b) that Sam, among many others, once sported one.
In turn, that reminded me that before the bubble perm, we had the mullet.
And that finally led me to speculate: how was it that we once believed the very heighth [sic] of fashion was to emulate the style-sheet of an Australian sex-offender?

We’ll probably never know, but I imagine a mix of leaded petrol, drugs, and demonic meddling in the affairs of mankind were all involved :ok_hand:

1 Like

If Gotye did the music thing in 1991.

Goes back a long way, of course

https://newslanded.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/photo_2020-09-14_21-49-56.jpg
although before chemical perming the actual hair might have been kept short and the Saturday night curls or braids would have been a wig.

No emulation necessary.

13 Likes

…aaaand that was the image I was waiting for… :joy:

FWVLIW, the Assyrian / Egyptian / &c hairstyles were mainly braided/knotted, and often wigs.

1 Like

Fuck

I mean, I had a mullet, but nothing as majestic as that.

Positively regal :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And blond…

1 Like