Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

This sort of thing always reminds me of the very short lived advert Barclays did with Norman Lovett as a computer banker on wheels. As far as I can tell it has been lost to posterity, no videos come up in any search I have done.

I remember a conversation with a friend of the family in 1989. He expressed disappointment at how (he was told by a teacher some years before) “…technology was going to make like easier…and what it is actually doing is increasing unemployment through redundancy…”

Prescient.

Still; the toffs keep their noses in the troff, right guys ! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Ned Ludd ?

1 Like

Send 'em to Australia!

Fuck off !

2 Likes

Why can’t some people just accept that the class system and all the pretence that come with it are a load of bollocks?

1 Like

It’s been a politically expedient lie for tories to foster the delusion that working class people are middle class because they have mortgages and drive German cars. Helps with the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing, and ignores a mere 60 years of societal change… :ok_hand:

2 Likes

When I was a youth we used to knock on neighbours doors and run away. Was always referred to as Nicky-Nicky Nine Door. Never thought about where the name came from.

2 Likes

I think what’s being done here is amazing.

8 Likes

That’s a really inspiring story.

1 Like

I certainly think so!

LOL, that’s the Glitter Bomb guy :rofl:

6 Likes

Wonderful.

1 Like

That is a tremendous thing :grinning:

What’s it actually being used for?

3 Likes

Made them up to version 5.0, with each iteration becoming increasingly diabolic.

1 Like

Makes me chuckle every time I watch it.

This is fucking epic…

2 Likes