That costs about the same as a pint!

Yes but I just think I already have a knife and that will do :rofl:

So I see :grinning:

1 Like

It still ate the same!

Don’t be a fool

1 Like

Ssshhhh, we need folk to laugh and point at. :+1:

Second effort at no knead - Struggled to get it off the quoosh, next time I will try more flour on it.

10 Likes

Banging

1 Like

That might be a thing prove in the pie dish then in the Dutch …this weekend I’ll try

I know that the dutch oven needs to be hot and wondering if i had a pizza stone hot in the oven then I could put the pie dish and prevent loaf dreckly onto it and then cover all of it with a hot upside down pie dish?

I used the pie dish only because my proving oven is too small for a standard bowl

1 Like

My effort this week was baked on a piece of parchment on a heated pizza stone with an upturned, pre-heated, pyrex casserole over it for Dutch oven effect. Actually the 2nd prove was on that parchment in a wide bowl with a floured linen cloth over it. I’ve given up trying to prove & move on & off a couche. Too much grief.

3 Likes

Improvisation works!

As long as whatever system you use forms a pseudo dutch oven it’s going to work. I like the idea of the second prove on the parchment, the only slight drawback being that it’s meant to be baked seam side up. But hey, the resulting bread looked great so maybe that isn’t too important?

Back to kneaded bread for a change.

Still experimenting with white loaf recipes. I used half and half semi-skimmed milk/water (warm) with 1.5 tsp sugar in it - 65% hydration, 500g flour, 7g instant dried yeast. Also 25g EVOO in there. 1 hr first prove, then fold & shape and 45 mins second prove. 210c in dutch oven for 45 mins then 10 mins lid off.

Looks to have risen well. I’ll see what the crumb & taste is like after it has cooled.

11 Likes

Nice crust, very soft inside and tasty. One that I’ll definitely make again.

10 Likes

I missed the EVOO. ? Is it

Extra virgin olive oil

Ahhh

Taking the piss now. Superb!

5 Likes

Acronyms are for rehab

Rosemary and Garlic Focaccia baked in a cast iron skillet.

13 Likes