Slashers' corner's

Indeed!

Bunch of pussies. Here’s mine

1 Like

What did I say about preparation, skill and practice? :grimacing::scream::laughing:

My uncle was a barber his whole life. He used a cut-throat (although latterly a version where the ‘blade’ split into two halves, between which half a disposable razor blade was held). When he ran his own shop his more recent staff had been taught to use these during their apprenticeships at college where they had had to shave balloons. He though had learned in the first shop he worked in, on ‘skinflints’ who got a free shave if they were prepared to let the trainee do it. He always said that the worst thing about a good sharp cut-throat was that you could feel essentially no resistance as the blade slid into someone …

VB

1 Like

Worthy of a thread with slashers in the title :+1:

1 Like

Lol! :rofl: :rofl:

Straight edge Merkur 23c FTW! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

That reminds me, I haven’t watched Carrie in years

2 Likes

I only missed out on 3 of those, so it should have been OK !

Doesn’t having to practice rather suggest a bit of a catch 22?

1 Like

Shame :smirk:

1 Like

But where else was he using it?

1 Like

Do you have an 8” neck circumference, or did you cut that off too?

3 Likes

skinny, me

I once attempted to shave Stronzetto (Unusual lice issue / smartening him up to pass through customs) his cunning is not to be underestimated. Moments prior to flourishing my razor in his direction Stronzetto be-smeared himself in Gorilla Glue. By the time I’d managed to pin him down in a rather pleasing full Nelson the stuff had set fast. It took the fire brigade and the RSPCA 3 hours to retrieve my razor that had become ‘encrusted’ on his Forhead. The little shyster thought he was very cleaver that day… By the morning he had a ‘revised’ notion… the little pillock hadn’t heard of Immac

4 Likes

Currently looking at foo to go with my nice new non-slicing razor.

Soap or cream? Is Acqua Di Parma really worth nearly £50 for a pot of cream? What grade of badger hair for the brush?

I’m thinking a trip to the hipster barber shop in town might be in order…

Mmmm badgers

1 Like

“free” razor :rofl:

2 Likes

No takers ?

I’ll have it to go with my other ikon if you want rid. Having looked at a stand for them the longer handle would be another option

The Japanese ‘Feather’ brand of blades gives you the clue - that’s what the edge should feel like as it moves across your face. Any more pressure than that & you’re asking for trouble.

1 Like