Slaughterhouse

Glad to hear they got it under control. Take it easy.

1 Like

That must have been frightening Dave, glad the pacemaker has been sorted out and that you are feeling a lot better.

1 Like

You donā€™t do things by half, do you Dave?
Look after yourself. All the best.

1 Like

Good to hear you are feeling better Dave, that must have been quite frightening :flushed:

1 Like

Well done for keeping on top of it and responding in the proper way.

Glad the pacemaker has been fine tuned.

1 Like

Best wishes Dave, hope it stays steady

1 Like

Wow! Glad to hear that you are feeling better after that.

1 Like

After a couple of weeks of hefty painkillers waiting for the Amatriptyline to kick in i found myself trying to nibble the tv remote in the belief it was a biscuit!

Time for another trip to the docs.

Much poking and prodding and current thinking is its a nerve impacted in the neck vertebrae and/or statin induced myopathy.

Off to the blood types at the hospital for tests to rule out the latter first. Once those results are in its a scan for me.

In the meantime amitriptylene dose is doubled so hopefully Iā€™ll get more than a handful of hours sleep a day. No driving, no drinking, no going to work, itā€™s getting annoying now.

11 Likes

Sounds nasty Bob, best of luck with your recovery.

1 Like

Get well soon Bob.

1 Like

Fingers crossed theyā€™ll soon nail this Bob.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later. GWS Bob.

Latest in the ā€˜Graeme moaning about his healthā€™ stakes - since yesterday I have the common fucking cold ! First one since before lockdown. It could be worse - my nose isnā€™t blocked (my least favourite symptom, so hurrah !). But I have a sort throat and a hacking cough and a thick head and no energy at all. And when I speak I sound like Barry White being played on 33 rather than 45.

I will tonight attempt to drown the virus with whisky.

8 Likes

not one of these newer, harder to detect Covid strains?

Iā€™ll try a swab test tomorrow, by which time the thing should be in full flow. Iā€™ve got no temperature or real headache or loss of sense of taste or smell. But I canā€™t rule it out of course. Iā€™m cancelling the charity shifts this week and a planned pub lunch with friends on Tuesday :frowning_face:. Even if itā€™s ā€˜justā€™ a cold I really donā€™t want to give it to anyone else (although on the basis of typical incubation times I may well have picked it up at the charity last week). Mrs VBā€™s decided to stick with me and take her chances ā€¦

I hope you donā€™t end up like me Graeme :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™m only now feeling normal (well as normal as I get) and thatā€™s since Boxing Day - first day back to work tomorrow will be the acid test.

1 Like

Ive had the exact symptoms youā€™ve described since Monday last week. Covid negative, have tested twice.
Sore throat has passed, left with a crappy light cough and in the last 48 hours blocked sinuses. I think peak feeling shit is behind me now, energy returned today.

1 Like

Weā€™ve had just that, 6 weeks for Jan, 4 weeks for me. Just starting to feel better.

Stock up on pills and cough medicine.

1 Like

Yep, had it the week before Christmas, still have a residual cough

1 Like

Same.

1 Like