Slaughterhouse

It seems not

4 Likes

Oh bugger. Get well soon, and hope itā€™s a mild one.

1 Like

So far itā€™s been quite mild. I have had worse colds.

7 Likes

Done my back :tired_face:

Bloody frustrating as well as painful - had a lot on this week.

1 Like

Possibly the stress of the week

Mines far worse when Iā€™m stressed

1 Like

Sympathies, Wayne. When mine gives me grief it really gets me down. I guess you just need to rest it and wait it out.

1 Like

Reckon it was a lift and twist this morning when it was cold and not ready - should know better.

1 Like

Have to have a chat with the docs later about statins. I feel sad.

Am feeling really quite seasonally affected this year. Must get out and about more.

No more grapefruit for you my lad!

1 Like

If grapefruit is the only reason for living then there are ways round that

Donā€™t feel sad. The normal thing is for nature to set about killing you once youā€™re no more use to your genes. The good news is that big pharma have found ways to frustrate that.

3 Likes

The original drug I was on for my chemotherapy, called Glivec, was very badly affected by grapefruit juice. The oncologist told me grapefruit, grapefruit juice and products like grapefruit sorbet were all strictly a no-no. I was never really bothered about grapefruit until it was verboten, but I had a terrible craving for it once it was forbidden.

4 Likes

Could I strictly forbid you to give me your amps and half of your money then please.

1 Like

Yes. You may also fuck in the direction of off at your own leisure though.

2 Likes

Butā€¦

Oh okay then.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started on atorvastatin, so grapefruit are off the menu. No side effects that Iā€™ve noticed, which is good (muscle weakness and aches have been reported for this statin).
Getting out is definitely a good thing, Iā€™d be a mess if I couldnā€™t get out into the hills.
Happy paddling! (and beware of wind, those inflatables really catch any breeze).

1 Like

Will have a decent walk or get out on one of the bikes at the weekend. And try and half a lunch time wander in the week.

Will see what happens about the statins. My dad had a quad bypass about 10 years or so ago so there is a history of dodginess.

1 Like

I tested positive via a blood test for statin induced myopathy. Doc took me off them in a blink, the myopathy can be severe and is irreversable. Luckily this side effect is very rare. One my trappeded nerve eases up, might try the statin again in case the test result was affected by the trapped nerve.

3 Likes

In Scottish, Least youā€™re no deid.

2 Likes

Oops.