Smart shoes aka Dr Cunties Cunty shoe emporium

Nice story. Good luck to them.

I looked on their website earlier but I wasn’t impressed with the footwear.

1 Like

they really need to engage a shoe style guru to keep their business running another 100 years

If you have feet as wide as they are long your choices are going to limited

Are you putting yourself forward?

well I’m modest regarding my talents, but I’m not sure they could afford my fees.

1 Like

They’d only have to pay you for a month.

2 Likes

Before the receivers were called in…

6 Likes

The Loakes Beadales turned out to be too soft for me, I could feel every bit of gravel through the soles. Ok for pub boots, but not much else.

On top of that both heels started to delaminate and although I’m sure Loakes would have repaired them, I decided to take them to my cobbler in Kendall and get the OS lug sole fitted. Forty five quid and a proper job.

The boots are now more robust and feel substantial. Liking them a lot now.

4 Likes

Where are you taking them apart from the pub?

1 Like

fashion brand

Mutt walking

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a smartish hiker style boot, for everyday use. I’ve got some Loakes Tan Chukka style which are nice but no grip on the soles, or padding around the ankles.

Something similar to these:

https://www.oliversweeney.com/oxenholme-brown-hiker-boot
https://www.oliversweeney.com/terrenove-dark-brown

Any recommendations? For thin/narrow foot fitting.

Another pair of OS boots, soft dip dyed leather with a new formulae ultra grippy vibram sole. This stuff is sticky, can see every proper walking boot coming with this soon, far better than your bog standard vibram.

Even comes with a small panel that turns blue when temp gets to zero, fuck all use as the ice will give the game away, but very Clarks commando compass all the same

Pic when I can be arsed.

I realise that the prospect of second hand shoes is probably pretty gross, but before I take them to the chazza, does anyone want these?

Tricker’s Burford, UK 10.5, “espresso”.

They absolutely murder my left foot (which is larger than my right), and refuse to “give”, probably by design. Consequently very little wear.

They’re heavy, so I’d rather not post, but will probably end up doing so as usual.

7 Likes

I’ll take the right one please.

3 Likes

Bugger, half a size too small for me, nice boots, someone is going to be very happy with those.

1 Like

I’d like them please Guy!

3 Likes

Have you thought of trimming your toes on your left foot with pruners?

3 Likes

Bosh.

Given that (I think) we work pretty close by eachother, pint in Islington next week and I’ll bring them along?

2 Likes

Excellent. I was going to suggest that but I wasn’t sure if you’d torched your place and retired yet. :grin:

5 Likes