Smart shoes aka Dr Cunties Cunty shoe emporium

2 Likes

New Trickers

Funchal leather. Which makes a relaxing change.
On the 2298 last as well, so they are more office and less tramping.

Orthopedic?

2 Likes

This.

Spectacles?

Oh, they’re spectacles alright :grimacing:

4 Likes

I would honestly rather wear this;

Than that;

You could at least style out ‘I am being ironic’ with the Gucci/Adidas’ over ‘My footwear is decided wholly by gout’ which the Tricker exudes.

5 Likes

I have looked at some of the stuff in the Tricker outlet store and sample sales and often wondered ‘who the hell buys this?’

Brand new hand made shoes for under a hundred quid. I can resole them (oak bark double leather) for less than half a new pair.

I like them. The vibram sole looks a lot smarter than the Christy version so they are almost ok for suits.

The leather is exceptional.

‘Almost’ is bearing a load here that no single word should be asked to carry. If I saw those being paired with a suit by someone not recovering from an accident that warranted the term ‘life changing’ the silent heat of my judgement would cook at egg to perfection in under three minutes.

8 Likes

Maybe I should have said trousers and a shirt.
I’d never use a suit with them. I would wear them in a more modern chino and shirt look.
I have a few pairs with variations of white, vibram soles and they wear better than they photograph.

Really good on the acorn leather boots.

Chuck the shovel away

:rofl:

1 Like

Nah. I’m not here for fashion advice.
I’d be worried if most of you liked them…

That’s fair; I am some way adrift of what the ‘man holidaying in an autocracy’ look should be these days.

1 Like

Masterful (and entirely justified) use of hyperbole; have you ever considered writing for a living?

(edit: replied to the wrong post)

Very similar to the Loake Cobra

albeit with a less chunky sole.

I’m on my third pair of these. They’re very useful, but the “viper” (vibram knock-off) sole really only lasts a season.

70ish a season = Ass burn around season 2. (Same with Redwings)

1 Like

The kind of shoe only found on supply teachers in the 1970s, for squeaking around the chemistry lab whilst clicking through 200 slides from their latest canal holiday.

2 Likes

TBH they are a bit old hat.
By about 15 years.

Yes, bi-focals :+1: