Well whittled, expert comfort levels (avec ‘moc croc’ flourish) achieved

If @Jim did sexting…

8 Likes

Would only suit this character.

Scroll up!

Long while ago though :thinking:

A shocker like that stays in the mind a long time :grimacing:

10 days in this case :grinning:

I think I may have found a new brand/model that suits, I’ve been looking for a pair of lightweight walking boots for casual use. I prefer the mid-size to a trainer but most full boots are far too stiff in the sole for just walking around, down the pub etc.

Over the years I’ve had various from Merrill, Hi-Tek, Salomon, as well as trying from the other usual suspects in store, including Alt-Berg but never really found ones that reliably seemed to fit comfortably.

My current go-to brand is Scarpa, they make generally for the thinner foot which suits me but I’ve found their more casual offerings either unattractive or just upscaled trainers (had a few pairs in the past).
I’ve a few pairs of Scarpa boots, my All-Season Leather Backpacking ones in the SL Active, the lightweight/summer boots in the Marmolada Trek and then the trainers. The SL Active are beasts and super comfortable for multi day hikes and trekking although being very thick leather (no goretex/membrane) they do take a little bedding in each morning. The Red Marmolada tend to just get used for gardening these days, hence the dirt!

I’d come across AKU brand before online, through Alpine-Trek who I have used quite a bit over the years but these ‘Slope Original GTX’ looked perfect to fit the bill.

I did wimp out and went for the less colourful versions, maybe if I get on really well with them long term I might brave it and go full 90s in their ‘classic’ range of styles… Initial impression wearing round the house, they feel like slippers, looking good!

3 Likes

Whathisface SillyMcFurryCoat flounces off leaves a vacuum and you decide you need to be the one to step up and fill his ghastly crocs - strong start 🫵💪

3 Likes

I’m not going to pretend I have style, all based on function.

Good fucking job you’re not :rofl:

1 Like

Ease up , they are a long way from the hearing and law of chat
“round the house, they feel like slippers, looking good”

Nowt wrong with that

Have you already forgotten those Smurf-skin boat-shoes - worn without socks no less :face_vomiting: - that the prog-incontinent shackledragger was wearing just a couple of weeks ago? No point wading into the lad for a pair of perfectly prosaic walking boots when you’ve got nastiness of that order being openly flaunted by a moderator no-less! Captain Cankles may be gone, but there are plenty more pretenders to his throne :toilet:

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::smiling_face:

5 Likes

Apparantly this style of shoe is known as a ‘spectator shoe’

You learn something new every day!

In America.

Generally known as correspondents / co-respondents here.

In my experience at least.

1 Like

That name came apparantly from Edward VIII being a lover of them and the co-respondant being the ‘other person’ in a divorce case.

Article here

Did “spectator” come from people pointing and laughing?

4 Likes

Point and laugh all you like

1 Like