Smart shoes aka Dr Cunties Cunty shoe emporium

Well I went and tried a pair anyway, in an achingly hipster shop in the east end.

I was extremely dubious about the width versus my fat feet, until I realised that I couldn’t actually do the buckle up because cankle :smile: so that was that.

I now suspect that the money saved will finance refurbs at Kokos for two pairs of summer shoes. Which I should have realised is the better option anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve had the Paraboot Michael, and I’m a fan-boy of the Mephisto Rainbow.

Best thing about them is they look quite small when looking down at them, due to the lacing set-up.

The ‘Chestnut’ is a nice colour:

I snaffled the green before the store closed down for good:

https://www.oipolloi.com/blogs/the-blog/65563971-the-mephisto-rainbow-an-oi-polloi-champion/

Bought by JD Sports, who didn’t know how to run it.

I see that you are not familiar with that store and its history.

You southern?

ITT:

Seemingly there is a God.

Diabolical.

Arf.

Update. DO NOT BUY. Fit well and comfy, but the flimsiest shit imaginable. Wore them out in a month. These are supposed to be “trail” shoes, not fit for purpose. :rage:

2 Likes

Send them back
Adidas customer service is pretty good
I had a pair of Adidas golf shoes that developed a ‘hole’ on the inside by the ankle.
I had worn them a few months. They were replaced.
The second pair may be the same but a mate got three new for old replacements

2 Likes

I know the second pair is going to be the same, several reviews on the Adidas website mention wearing out in the exact same areas mine wore out.
Been an Adidas fanboi for years, I was quite frankly shocked by how poor these were

2 Likes

No wonder Crocs are slippery on wet grass.

1 Like

Picked up a couple of pairs Merrells

2 Likes

Neither of them are brown? Am confuse.

??? So am I, all the time. Not a clue what’s going on :confused::confused:

MrsKettle’s sister worked/works for Merrill in colour and trend, and the standing joke was that the bosses would take note of all of the trend and mood boards and projections of colours for the next few years and then make the shoes brown again.

1 Like

They were for years all dull browns and beige but maybe they have seen the (colourful) light!
I like the shoes they fit me well, been buying the for 7or 8 years now.

Had a number of Merrell shoes & aproach boots over the years, all v comfortable, the most so being some low lace-up ankle boots with all pigskin/nubuck type uppers.

Curently have a couple of pairs of jungle-mocs in charcoal & gunsmoke grey. Well suited for light out & about duties, but double up as supremely light & comfy fer loafing around the house, make having slippers totally unnecessary.

Jungle-mocs >

2 Likes

Crocks done properly, or just a really silly idea?.. I’m hedging towards the latter, but remain strangely tempted :thinking: