Something else is positive

I was there the first time!

1 Like

Nice!

Thatā€™s really quite a story to dine out on.

I was so stoned I thought Gryphon were great!

1 Like

Great stuff :+1:

After a pledge of Ā£18k from the Mayor of London this is now over-pledged so I think it will be going ahead.

Already a series of gigs lined up for later in the year with Dizzee Rascal, The Streets, Supergrass and the ENO (I think) (not all at the same time).

1 Like

Didnā€™t know they had reformed.
Really like some of their stuff

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder - Iā€™d forgotten Iā€™ve got the record that songā€™s on. Itā€™s excellent.

1 Like

Front 242 moved to Feb 2022

Happy Birthday @Ciderpig

3 Likes
7 Likes

BBC News - Airbnb offers free accommodation for 20,000 Afghan refugees

3 Likes

So, around 17:30 on Sat I placed an order for some electronic bits and bobs with Digi-Key. They ship from Thief River Falls, MN. Around 08:30 this morning UPS rang our doorbell and handed the package to Mrs VB. Thatā€™s 4,000 miles as the crow flies in 87 hours. Given that 48 of those hours were a Sunday and a bank holiday Monday, and for many of the ones on Sat and Weds I was asleep, and given also the coronavirus and HGV driver things, I think thatā€™s pretty good. Especially as the order value was over Ā£33+VAT, so qualified for free delivery.

Maybe the world hasnā€™t gone completely to shit.

6 Likes

Just goes to show what a dogs dinner Brexit is that a similar delivery from Paris or Berlin will now take longer and probably be more expensive

Gammon would add 2 and 2 and come up with 7 ! Brexit Bonuses R Us.

Lol, at best they said their community, ie, landlords, will help. No mention of the company itself digging into its own profits.

Impressive. Digi-Key were always good, but Iā€™ve not used them recently assuming financial rape and lost-in-customs would happen as per some watch-related bits that I now know Iā€™ll never see.

They have the best business address, too :heart_eyes:

I wanted some high-temp axial electrolytics and with the steady decline of through-hole components Digi-Key were the only folks who had all the values in stock, including 68uF 100V.

I imagine their operation works because they have a UK office, so they sorted the border problem out once and itā€™s stayed sorted. Iā€™m also interested in some transformers from Edcor. They donā€™t have a UK office and seem flummoxed by the import processes, so theyā€™ve said they wonā€™t deal with the UK any more. To be fair, theyā€™ve given the same reason for not dealing directly with EU countries either. They do have an EU rep. Who donā€™t answer my e-mails.

1 Like

ā€˜dem Sunlit Uplands thoā€™ā€¦

30 years of Didcot, itā€™s creeping in.

1 Like