Something else is positive

11 Likes

Ordered a new TV from AO and yesterday a Ā£100 discount code appeared on the main page of their website. Phoned cust service and asked if I could cancel and reorder and they said:

ā€œno thatā€™s fine, Iā€™ll check the code is valid and then refund you Ā£100ā€

Thatā€™s all despite me ordering the TV before the code was published.

14 Likes

Richer did the same for me when I bought a TV from them.
The bloke said ā€˜Our price match policy also applies to ourselvesā€™

3 Likes

Unfortunately Richer (or John Lewis) didnā€™t have the TV as I like their guarantees.

At that timeā€¦it was good.

AOā€™s service has blown hot and cold over the years. Iā€™d like to hope that it has reached a turning point, butā€¦

Big up to Paul Darwin at Rega for terrific customer service.

2 Likes

Nice news story. Both the fact their customers helped out and the fact that a family owned hardware shop doing well.

Mind you there appears to be money in hardware shops as two have opened in the past few years near us, the latest just last month.

9 Likes

Nice gesture. Wonā€™t happen though.

Wonā€™t happen if Little Rishi has to put his hand in his own pocket.

Easy to volunteer when you know it wont happen. Iā€™m sure nothing stops them telling their accountants to make less effort to save them tax.

1 Like

Quite an astonishing woman

3 Likes

Wonderful woman. I listened to her tell he story on the wireless this week and she was inspirational.

Jane Garvey for Life Changing on BBC Radio 4

1 Like

Indeed!

Happiness isā€¦

Receiving a Ā£5 off voucher for Screwfix by email five minutes before Iā€™m planning to head there to buy something :sunglasses:

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Brilliant news

This is brilliant. He spent over four hours with her which is so generous. If only we had more high profile people who were just good people.

Sir Ian McKellen surprises young aspiring actor - BBC News

2 Likes

Well, positive in a way.

Bung Gaudi Ā£7.95 (or more).

According to the Orbā€™s twitter feed, the album is only available for 72 hours.

3 Likes

Last night I was watching a YouTube video produced by a company selling some tools I wanted.
I had Ā£160 worth of stuff in the virtual basket ready to go, right at the end of the film, words to the effect of, as a thank you for sitting through that, hereā€™s a code for a 15% discount on your next purchase.
Thank you very much!

8 Likes