Something else is positive

Shhhh, so does he :wink:

Good news. Congrats Mark.

Excellent news, congratulations to your daughter.

Graphic design student in Brighton = nose-ring before the end of fresher’s week :smile:

2 Likes

My mother is out of hospital and recovering much faster than expectations; she’s walking about the house unaided. It seems that the stroke has only damaged areas that can be easily recovered from. All of the scary things you hear about strokes have not happened to her. Thank fuck.

37 Likes

Fantastic news !

1 Like

Really good to hear Adam

1 Like

Great news Adam. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Great news.

Good news Adam

Brill news👍

There’s hope yet !

amazing news , these olduns are tough !!! hope the recovery continues well

yes there was a programme on this not too long ago and its been known for years that reducing weight reduces excess blood sugar levels due to diabetes

1 Like

I was diagnosed with type 2 about 2 years ago,with diet and exercise cure.
I found the exercise part easy to get along with but the food part very confusing…I think I am understanding that part better now and hope for lower weight and sugar loss this year :grinning:
Anyone else with the same confusion ?

1 Like

Cut out sugar and carbs as far as possible.

I’m doing that now but it is awkward when you live alone …I’m currently chomping on a Lidl soup mix with Princes Corned beef in it …meal is full of goodness and not much fat …I was overloading on whole meal bread …all greens but in moderation …I’m determined to overcome this by their D&E and not go on metform … my last reading was 9 after a blood test I have to get under 7 to be healthier …sadly my passion for Couplands Vanilla Slices and the butchers steak pies don’t help the diet side :weary::joy:

3 Likes

Water is your friend, keep well hydrated. If you feel thirsty you are dehydrated, at that point unsweetened sports drinks can help with re-hydration.

1 Like

Corned beef not much fat? :thinking:

1 Like

Eggs are good, substitute potatoes with mashed swede/carrots or celeriac, great with roast meat (chicken thighs) + plenty of greens. . You should get Michael Moseley’s - The 8 week blood sugar diet.

1 Like

I’m eating a lot of the Waitrose cauliflower shite at the moment with fish, it doesn’t sound very good but does actually taste nice.

Waitrose Cauliflower & Kale Couscous

2 Likes