SOYS: State Of Your System

That is some set up Mark and, no, I’m not in the least bit jealous - no siree - not jealous at all.

1 Like

2 box Allnic phono, M7? What are the two black boxes at bottom left and top right? Is one the Modwright modified CD player?

Yep. H-1500mkII

:+1:

Top right - Modwright Transporter. Take a regular Logitech Transporter (network streamer/DAC ), CNC a hole in the top, add valve output stage :smiley:

Bottom left - Helios Model 1 CD player: currently making guest appearances in panto. Haven’t switched it on for years.

1 Like

looks like top right is ModWright modified Logitech transporter, part of the Squeezebox family

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright3/transporter.html

1 Like

Looking good Mark, long time since I heard your system, you hadn’t even delved into analogue at that point! Don’t remember the horns in that colour. Did you change them at some point?

Same ones! Probably my mad cameraphone skillz.

Testing the feasibility of selling the AVID which would mean running the Planar 10 equipped with an MM cart more of the time;

While the counterweight is hanging off the back, it works and it sounds halfway decent too.

2 Likes

However will you get by with only two turntables?

Three*; MG-1, Gyro and P10. The AVID is bloody useful for test work. It’s not the most exciting sounding device in the history of vinyl but for that it doesn’t need to be. If I sell it (and I haven’t decided yet), I have to work out how tricky it is for the other things here to take on the stuff I use it for.

*Out and running. There is another one as well but that lives in a box.

3 Likes

Speakers are LV OBX R2 and up the other end of the room

28 Likes

What are the power amps Kev please?

Coco built 3 stage DHT with Nickel core interstage transformer and amorphous core OP transformers. PP 300B 18Wpc
Transformers wound by Dave Slagel (Intact Audio)
there was a build thread on the WAM, not sure how much of it survives

So old there is a Rolf Harris joke and that was OK.

Also bespoke Sowter Mains TX ,Hammond Choke GZ33 Rectifiers.
Input tube + 1J6G
2nd stage Pair Type 46

4 Likes

How’s the phonostage doing?

Sublime :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Right now this is the best my system has ever sounded.

5 Likes

Until you get horns.

2 Likes

Shuddup you :rage:

I don’t want to be that guy but is it the geometry of your phone camera or is the top shelf bowing?

Rest is
ANUK Io Gold
Kuzma Stabi S
AN Jap S6 SUT
Coco LCR Phono stage
AN Jap M7 Line Stage
CA 815N Streamer

2 Likes

No TT is level and as you know there is no adjustment on the Kuzma

1 Like

Is that like a Cleveland steamer but with more numbers? :wink:

4 Likes