SOYS: State Of Your System

The latest technology!

Airscouts required

1 Like

Should think themediumsizedlebowski’s Tonescouts will be up for sale soon :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Definitive have Air Scouts and Volti horns in their stuff. Just sayin’.
Get SpeedySteve to build you some tapped horns and all sorted.
Oh, you’d need a crossover and more poweramps as well but in for a penny and all that😁!

1 Like

How does it differ from Jim’s and Dave’s? (If at all)
It just looks to be normal size rather than be of the bending space time mass of their’s?

1 Like

@coco would be able to tell you better than me.
Still a two box phono stage
I think the power supply is very similar.
The phono circuit may be a bit different but the main difference is copper caps and copper tantalum resistors rather than silver.

1 Like

I can’t believe we have to extract off topic hifi stuff from a beer thread, but anyway these

are in situ in the mancave system. Cosmetically fugly but with replacement tweeters and hence a heroic ebay swoop at 225 of your pounds.

And before the nerds swoop in about the stands, I am running them with an active crossover instead.

2 Likes

Probably the voicing I would have gone with :+1: Teflon and Silver can do ones Nut in

The stages are resistor rather than choke/transformer loaded. Jupiter copper caps vs Duelund (copper/silver hybrid in Dave’s/Jim’s respectively) and ANUK tantalums vs silver tantalums in Dave and Jim’s. PSUs the same except that Jim’s and Dave’s use amorphous PSU chokes and a custom mains transformer.

5 Likes

Curses :angry:

Time to upgrade @Kevin ?

raises an eyebrow Including the input stage for Jim/Dave’s?

Care to explain how you know it would be an upgrade?

Custom traffos and I imagine that Pete would refine / improve the design with each iteration.

Well Kevin’s is the latest iteration AFAIK

:thinking:

In which case my supposition wouldn’t hold. Maybe I should have put a smiley face at the end of my post :slightly_smiling_face:

They’re different designs for different budgets. Jim and Dave had significantly higher budgets. Not much of an arms race if it can’t be better that the last one made for the other guy. :grinning:

4 Likes

Not sure what you’re getting at?

It’s absolutely as good as I want to go.
There have already beeen a number of ‘upgrades’ along the way from when the idea was first discussed. This was always going to be in my final system.
I won’t be buying another phono stage - ever

15 Likes

Just speakers then?

2 Likes