SOYS: State Of Your System

:joy: indeed

1 Like

Fear-of-digital > Fear-of-hifi.

I listen to plenty of digital, enough to realise it doesn’t all sound alike. I’ve also no desire to digitise nice sounding reel to reel tapes & LPs for no particular benefit. Your mileage obviously does vary & I’m happy for you.

The benefit is that you can play your fragile and precious tapes once and then enjoy them at will.

These days, well implemented* digital is transparent and relatively easy and low cost to acquire. DSP is perhaps another matter and takes far, far more effort to implement well. For simple digitising I would have no worries.

FWIW I think the Najda is ok, but certainly not the last word and can definitely be improved on. However for many systems the overall outcome is better due to the flexibility it provides.

*this is important

1 Like

3 day turnaround including shipping both ways

7 Likes

Customer Service is a thing! Who knew? Certainly no cunt in hifi usually… Part of the reason why this stuff ain’t cheap.

1 Like

Hifi Man > Hardware art fetishist (Often proclaims: ‘it’s all about sound’ but gets equal OCD dopamine kicks (Reward) from: acquisition, coveting, ownership, engineering and aesthetics)

Record Collector > Software art fetishist. (Often proclaims: ‘it’s all about sound’ but gets equal OCD dopamine kicks (Reward) from: acquisition, coveting, ownership, antiques (Percieved authenticity) and aesthetics)

Two sides of the same obsessive coin, who rarely agree. (Due to parellax pride)

Dual addicted = Befuddled and frankly kaput (See below).

Mixed nuts:

Reality:

6 Likes

1 Like

And most of us are on it.

2 Likes

All. 100%. :ok_hand: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

1 Like

Listening to dac no.3 while waiting for the football to begin.

Again in to XDuoo MT-602 headphone amp, listening to some wonderful British classical music.

4 Likes

Set the stereo back up this evening left handed after the show, so the TT will have to wait, sounds really good actually.

18 Likes

Found myself with an empty house for two days so after work I’ve been experimenting…

With the Castle Classic/ATC Subwoofer in the system, not actually tried it with the NS1000Ms, really does help even with the crossover set to 40Hz. Certainly not really required at low levels but as I have an empty detached house it would be rude not to test it at comfortably loud levels. At the end of the day, the ‘little’ Bryston B60R only goes so far, maybe one day I’ll get another big Denon PMA-2500NE, Accuphase or similar battleship amplifier.

13 Likes

Ooh how low does it go?

Listen to Organ Sonata No. 1 in D minor, Op. 42: II. Pastorale by Felix Hell on Qobuz Open Qobuz

Listen right through, cranked up high as it’s really quiet, 11.80dB replay gain!

Supposed to be 20Hz acording to the spec but no dB reference to that, barely any spec online for this model.

If you play it (also on Spotify)

there is some nice 25 and below down to 18Hz action.
Registers even down to 15Hz when I measure the playback.
Normal speakers won’t even register it.

It’s not a blaring out organ piece either.

I have 10Hz X/O on my tapped horns, might as well leave it open…

It’s subtle but you feel it.
I like the mechanical sound all that air driving the organ makes too.

Can you do a You Tube video please so we can hear what you describe?

2 Likes

You won’t hear it :joy: you feel / have to experience it.

Can post up the Freq chart, if I can find it, or do another one sometime.

No you don’t understand, ALL horn systems can be faithfully reproduced on You Tube.
I have seen it on the internet,

5 Likes