SP-10 question

Tread carefully as they aren’t exactly the same as the shoulder will be solid stainless steel as opposed to a phosphor bronze / brass bush on the originals.

The bush is plastic.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine that would be an issue, If I get the sizing right.

Some kind of silicone?

Yeah, from memory. Quite soft.

Maybe give Johnnie at Audio Origami a shout if you get no luck.

Really ?

I’ve always found him to be great - you had a problem?

2 Likes

Bit late Bob.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve obviously missed an in joke - move on all :roll_eyes:

I don’t get it either

It wasn’t meant to be a joke. It was a genuine really ?, as in, I didn’t realise he might be able to help.
I thought he was tonearms only.

Johnnie builds arms, rewires arms, makes interconnects and generally helps out where he can. He’s great at turntables in general. He holds loads of stuff in his spares boxes and just might have the bits you want, or would be able to point you in the right direction. I’ve got his mobile number somewhere if you want it.

2 Likes

I need three of these too.
I’ve got one in at present.
I may make the bushes myself on CNC

If you do Tim, would you make another three and let me know what I owe you, please ?

Yep no worries Mike
If anyone can measure the bush and tell me. Length. Outside diameter and inside diameter, which I guess is 3.3mm.
That would help. Thanks.

Tim the original is a single piece shoulder screw - if you plan to have a screw and a bush to replicate the orig item then it will be better if the bush was a tight fit on the inside. The OD of a M3 screw thread is 2.98 so the bush ID should be 3.00mm not 3.3.

I expect the reason for a shoulder screw is to help ensure that the platter stays concentric when replaced.

I am sure that my SP10 had one piece shoulder screws.

In my memory I thought there was a phos bronze bush but closer inspection reveals it to be a length of clear, gold coloured rubber tube.

When the rubber tube is fitted the diameter there is ~ 6.3mm

Difficult to measure without the jaws of my vernier calipers digging in.

4 Likes

Fantastic, thanks Guy