Spirit of the Slaughterhouse: Free Stuff

Our both right?

1 Like

All together, one at once.

Were both right

2 Likes

All this stuff has been claimed - Cheers

4 x Spectra Dynamics Focus Pods. Aka sorbothane feet / domes.

4 x lcd displays - blue blacklight. 2 display mains voltage and 2 display mains frequency. Bought new and never used so untested. (Were for a project that never happened.)

2 x 4 pin socket and connectors.

Let me know in this thread if you want any or all of them and then pm me your address.
Will post for free over the next few days.

All this stuff has been claimed - Cheers

1 Like

Could I have the feet please Graham?

You could bring them next Saturday to save the cost of a jiffy/postage.

Yes and yes.

1 Like

Hi Graham, can I grab the connectors?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure,
Pm me your address and ill post them on Wednesday. Or i can bring them to Jim’s if you don’t need them sooner.

1 Like

Jesus, can you fit them in your garage? :rofl:

1 Like

Maplins are going to go bust due to their own ineptitude,
Pete is going to fill the void from his garage.

1 Like

Jim’s would be great, thanks! :+1:

1 Like

It’s just a wafer thin…

3 Likes

It’s gonna go critical…

12 Vibrapods cones and bases. Collect preferred or meet fairly local.

Can I have these Dave, catch them at Jim’s?

Yours.

1 Like

Pair of RCA 6ES8 (ECC189) Valves. Early 60’s Great Britain made (Mullard presumably).
Some vendors say these tubes are direct replacements for 6DJ8, ECC88 AND 6922 - not sure they are 100% the same but iirc I was going to use them in place of an ECC88.

I bought them over 10 years ago to use in a Musical Fidelity X-Can headphone amp which I’d sold before they the valves arrived from the USA!!

Bought from the TubeMuseum who are a very expensive USA supplier who sell on ebay. Think I paid the best part of £100 with shipping!!

Any use to anyone.

6 Likes

For info: The ECC189 is pin-compatible with the ECC88 and the paramters broadly match. But the ECC189 is the ‘variable mu’ version of this valve. This means that its gain changes with the chosen DC operating point. This was a very handy feature in radio receivers if you wanted to build an agc (automatic gain control) circuit to compensate for the fact that wirelesses and tellies had to cope with a very wide range of incoming signal strengths. In audio, however, it’s not a very useful feature and depending on the audio signal strength there can be a price to pay in terms of linearity.

VB

I know of one manufacturer who sold a preamp using these in order to get the harmonic spectrum he preferred.

Meat van has delivered , isolation shenanigans will be pursued with appropriate vigor, thanks Dave :+1:

1 Like