Spirit of the Slaughterhouse: Free Stuff

In my experience, being married to one, a Geordie’s opinions are never kept private.

You are so right…we keep our opinions well & truly on display, secreted discretely in our t-shirt sleeves next to our packets of 20 bensons & bigga-stretch blobs! (Regional bias & cultural appropriation assumed)…The Bigg Market has a lot to answer for!

So many gigs there when there when I lived in the West End - Alex Harvey, Geordie…

And the battles in the Blue Star club between the Tams and the Kellys. (I shared a pad with one of the Kellys on Wingrove Road, 2 up from the Scotswood Road.

@mickbald I suspect we may possibly share some shady acquaintance, although time and “memory” will inevitably preclude me from direct association…pm perhaps?:wink:

Back to topic…anyone fancy an old school DAC for free?:thinking:

When Brian Johnson could still sing :wink:

2 Likes

Yup…I vaguely remember seeing AC/DC at (I think) the Mayfair on the Highway to Hell tour, & then again on the Back in Black tour at the City Hall…no comparison…no disrespect to Jonna, (my ex used to babysit for him when he lived in Jesmond) but despite an awesome homecoming gig there can never be a substitute for AC/DC with a Bon!

4 Likes

Remember the Lindersfarne Christmas concerts in the City Hall?

Hmmmmmmmm…I’ve worked with Alan Hull in the past, but much to my regret I never saw the iconic Lindisfarne Christmas city hall gig…they still do an approximation occasionally, but it will never be the same…:cry:

I fixed his Ferrograph Series 4 once. Fuck could he drink brandy!

Fuck he could drink, full stop! I remember good times after hours in Jarrow where he “borrowed” an acoustic guitar and captured the room …

Only went once.

Biggest.Disappointment.Ever.

I can imagine they could give an impression of a great night if you were smashed/stoned/both, but relatively sober and hoping for ‘the experience’ was a miserable fail for me.

(Btw, it’s Lindisfarne :wink:)

1 Like

Set of 4 large TO-3 heatsinks
Gone to a good home

7 Likes

Welcome to our weird corner of the webverse @idem.

Liking your first post.

Got 2 free 24hr NowTV codes to give away.

These have been sent to me as an LFC season ticket holder so I can watch the next home games, but I don’t need them as I already subscribe.

Obviously, I won’t make you watch Liverpool games with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

please

Oooh Yes please (if this means a 24h Sky sports pass used anytime?)

Ignore last post
Just realised how out of date this thread is!

Yeah sorry buddy, John snaffled these.

“Legacy” Sonos kit.

One ZP80, the predecessor of the Connect. This is the bit you plug into your amp (it has an onboard DAC) or onwards into your own DAC via RCA or optical.

A Zoneplayer S5, later renamed Play:5. This is an all-in-one boom box.

There is highly likely to be another Play:5 in the next few days.

All the bits will work on wired ethernet or on your household wi-fi.

All of this stuff is “legacy” and has been “recycled” i.e. you can’t trade it in again.

WILL NOT WORK with the new Sonos S2 (brown-coloured) app, but as far as I understand it you can install the Sonos S1 (black) app or Windows desktop controller

start turning things on and you will have a fully-fledged Sonos system, just one that will only ever get security updates, not new functionality.

This means streaming files, Spotify, Tidal, internet radio, whatever you’d expect.

The Play:5’s can also be stereo paired.

There are no boxes, manuals or anything else.

The pictured Play:5 has been in a kitchen so has the odd spot on it that will probably wipe off. The other one is unmarked.

All FOC.

I can probably post the ZP80, but the Play:5s are surprisingly heavy little bastards and could require an AAAmbulance.

If you want these just because they’re free then please think about stepping back and giving a chance to someone else who could put them to good use and might not be able to afford similar kit otherwise.

23 Likes