Spotify Is Really Wank

Fixed now apparently. Stopped using it yonks ago as the quality is shite and they keep changing the App so it sounds worse.

I used to listen to it at work, but listen to 6 music now.

I use it for listening in the car. I like it.

I like it, and think it still sounds very good; not Tidal or Qobuz, but never had any problems.
I listen to Radio Paradise a lot; good mix for me.

Spotify is fantastic.

However, its caching isn’t.

I was one of many who posted to a support thread on Spotify years ago about a similar ‘bug’. The only way to divert the GBs of data Spotify caches to an external drive was to use a folder link/redirect, as the Spotify cache location doesn’t work and otherwise caches about 10GB of your latest listening to your AppData folder. Don’t know if they ever fixed that. They certainly didn’t for years.

I recommend caching Spotify to an external drive, if you use one.

Yes it’s total shite. How anyone can accept the shoddy lossy output beggars belief. Only fit for chavs and oiks.

1 Like

For me it works fine and I certainly don’t have a problem with quality.

How do I get rid of shuffle play on it, on android phone?

Same here. No issues.

If you’ve got the album open in front of you, then you should have all the controls at the bottom of the screen: shuffle, back, play/pause, forward, repeat.

Just make sure shuffle is grey, not green.

Again, ditto.

I’d really miss it if it didn’t exist. The integration with my phone and Sonos is excellent.

had another look, unless you have premium then all you can use is shuffle. The only way round it is to add to a playlist of one:)

Ah, hadn’t thought of that - sorry!

My Spotify seems to have stopped working all of a sudden - it pretty much freezes while loading my playlists. I’ve tried restarting my phone but to no avail… Has anyone else had similar experiences?

On the basis that you should never start a new thread if a necro is possible I shall stick this here.

It comes from Which so I don’t think it is a hoax

Yup, still a suitable thread title!

This time it’s announcing back in February that Hi-fi quality streaming in select markets would be here by the end of the year.

Okay so a bit to go, but odd there’s 0 info from them.

Either totally complacent (sucks), out of their depth (worrying) or dumb?

This wag on Twitter summed it up nicely

Anyone interested in music or audio quality should have left Spotify long ago. Qobuz pay loads more to artists per play, and have much better quality. Spotify don’t deserve your money.

The one fundamental thing you can do as a consumer is vote with your wallet.

1 Like

Agree, but when I tried Qobuz their software blew the fuck up, quite irredeemably.

I was quite taken with the idea of hi res streaming and discounts on 24 bit purchases :slightly_frowning_face:

I have to be honest. Even including the technical support I do, you remain the only person I know to ever achieve that. It’s… well I was going to say ‘quite special’ but that’s mean so I’ll go with ‘quite something.’

2 Likes

Plus their catalogue is limited compared to Spotify and the CA CXN (V1) doesn’t support Qobuz.