Starting again

After getting disillusioned with hifoo, I binned the lot. Just left with a few bits & pieces now. Looking for some inspiration to maybe start again.

So suggestions welcome.

1 Like

Start with a budget of £10k then spend £50k

That should do it.

14 Likes

Wanna buy a five-way active horn system?

4 Likes

Welcome to the world of faff, faff and more faff - with a dash or two of faff thrown in for good measure :+1:

6 Likes

As above with active speakers. Retro faff

1 Like

Who’s not got one of those eh?

1 Like

Worth looking at what frustrated you?

Pretty sure if you are anything like me, I couldn’t go without listening to music, but sometimes happy to go without listening to equipment, if you know what I mean.

Maybe consider building a system that is less about making well recorded music sound great (a trap I think I may have fallen into), and is perhaps based upon the music you most enjoy?

Start with music, not the kit, is what I am going to try with a second system.

Or ignore if I have missed the point!

1 Like

but ,but…if you started with just the music, how would you know what it sounded like? (chicken, egg etc)

1 Like

I haven’t got any money for some other speakers at the moment, otherwise I would leave it as it is, broken. I might just leave it anyway. :joy:

What’s up with it?

Filthy digital xo. :grin:

2 Likes

That must be why I’m struggling to get the second system started. Bugger.

1 Like

I’ve four sets of speakers in the loft Ritchie if you need a loan :+1:

1 Like

HIFI died long live Schumann

3 Likes

I have got some actives that I can set up but I have never quite got the time, always something going on. Thanks for the offer! :+1:

Schumann face is a good face. :ok_hand:

1 Like

What size room is to be in?

How good is your broadband?

Yeah, doing it at 7.83hz would do the trick… :wink:

2 Likes

No worries Ritchie - I have a nice pair of Sony SS-7200’s should you ever need them :+1:

1 Like