Stationery n’ shit

I love a bit of stationery; pens, rollerballs, art pencils, writing paper, even pencil sharpeners.

So here’s my latest incoming fountain pen (I fear this may be a one post thread but who knows)

7 Likes

Bought a fair bit of stuff from Conway Stewart when the factory shut.
We bought two shelves for work that came with 6 boxes.
Only when we got them back did we realise they had 6 new hardback books in about fountain pens. Got £50 per book on eBay.Think we paid £20 for the shelves.

The pens were selling for silly money.

3 Likes

I’m a Kaweco diehard, but unfortunately I’m also a lefty so my handwriting looks like a spider fell in a pot of ink, crawled across the page, then died in the bottom right hand corner.

5 Likes

Have you tried these guys?

I have a Mont Blanc here that singularly ruined all other fountain pens I’ve tried since for me. Lovely thing, not that I get to use it much.

3 Likes

We are the same

And yet neither of you are apparently GPs. Curious.

Looks exactly like mine.

Very indulgent but a beautiful thing.

1 Like

I like sniffing permanent marker pens

8 Likes

And we. I’ve always wanted to be able to write nicely with a fountain pen but despite my parents making me take handwriting classes every summer holiday for years, mine is still terrible. Don’t know if it’s a lefty thing or I’m just rubbish.

This is a charming, if expensive, stationary shop in Covent Garden: https://choosingkeeping.com/

Likewise but without the cackhanded excuse.

This was my Dad’s, I keep it on my desk. I wrote Christmas cards with it one year but other than that I just look at it, remember him and marvel at the machining, it’s lovely.

8 Likes

In my callow youth I picked one of those up off the floor of Lloyds bank in South Ken and dutifully handed it in at the counter.

It took years for me to realise that, yeah, that went straight in someone’s pocket.

1 Like

Slightly triggered now.

My Dad’s Parker 51, probably from 51 because he was definitely “all the toys” at that point.

A good bit of patina on it - it’s been around the world a good few times. And that’s probably still his sweat on it, which is a bit of an odd reflection given that he died going on 30 years ago.

8 Likes

I’ve had one of those since I was at school, it has an oblique nib and is lovely to write with. The only issue is that the clip has been broken off, I’ll have to source a new one at some point.

Rhodia pads especially the A3 are wonderful to scribble and doodle on if a bit pricey - I practised based on YouTube vids and my writing is OK, getting better but it’s v satisfying the more you do and so counter to our digital world

3 Likes

I had one of those, in burgundy. I really liked it, then it got stolen I bought another, which got thrown away by my work when I didn’t turn up for a year.

I also have a liking for Moleskine notebooks

3 Likes

you also have a very good suntan for the Shetlands.

6 Likes