Stationery n’ shit

:rage:

Shetland or Shetland Isles. Calling it “the Shetlands” would instigate retribution of Wickerman proportions :grimacing:

m’eh spent the last 7 years calling it shetlands and none of the born and bred natives got upset.

Beautiful Matt what is it?

I don’t know much about it. Made by Cartier, I’m guessing 80’s?

1 Like

Is it worse than suggesting they are Scottish?

Marginally :smile:

Being small, black and featureless they’re not exactly easy to photograph.

“Special” mini ballpoint and “Liliput” fountain pen.

The top of the fountain pen screws onto the main body to make it longer while writing.

2 Likes

Oh dear, you had to open the Drawer of Shame, didn’t you.

This fat boy - I think it’s Japanese. I used it through the 90s (and boy does it look 90s).

“Düller” fountain pen, designed by Dietrich Lubs (an erstwhile colleague of Dieter Rams) for the Japanese I.D.E.A. stationary company. It came embedded in a kind of ersatz Moleskine that I can’t find now.

1 Like

Found it.

Jesus, you think you live this ascetic lifestyle, then you open a cupboard and decades worth of knick-knacks fall out.

2 Likes

Alas, you and I, we are the same. Have you tried a Montegrappa? I have one and it’s quite benign for lefties; many of the family that own it are lefties which seems to motivate them. Also used by Hemmingway and Hunter S Thompson* which feels fitting company.

*I am aware Thompson was almost exclusively an exponent of the typewriter but he had a Montegrappa, presumbly for drawing cock and balls on page margins.

4 Likes

Never understood why people still use fountain pens, they’re messy, fiddly and just a PITA. If someone produces a fountain pen in a meeting I always tag them as “don’t rely on this cunt to do anything” and I’m normally right.

I bought a Mont Blanc le grand rollerball in 2000 when I worked in the city and wanted to look like a posh twat. Still have it but very rarely use it.

I now use these as they are fantastic to write with (and cheap)

3 Likes

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I have one so when I’m in a meeting, I don’t get asked to do anything.

13 Likes

Especially if they use green ink

4 Likes

Tombow?

Here’s my daily driver:

With any ball-point I’ve tried, my spider-scrawl is too small and screwed up for me to read 30 mins later, let alone anyone else - this slows things down and makes me write larger, which works

I also think it’s pretty cool that such an old design works so well after 60+ years

4 Likes

That was it! Thank you.

And me - I run a successful business so I just get others to do the work while I doodle and blot :grin:

What is it?