Streaming

Don’t think Synology support LMS anymore.

I ran LMS on an ancient Mac mini and it was quick and stable, I’d go with that.

DS112j

Ok I’ll get it out. Can you point me to an idiot’s guide to set it up please?

I have Spotify so that’s be handy

There isn’t much to worry about, it just installs and then once you’ve launched the app go to this address in safari if you configuring it locally on the Mac: http://127.0.0.1:9000/ and then click server settings and root around in the plugins enabling what you want (material skin is the dogs bollocks as an interface)

If you are configuring remotely (and to access the player remotely) http://ip-address-of-your-macmini:9000/

On the SBT touch you can go to settings and “change library” if it doesn’t automatically connect to the LMS.

Yep LMS is installed as an app on the Mac mini

I control it via the browser but you can use ipeng etc.

Got you, launch app on Mac. Sounds easy. Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

I agree on using the Mac, Synology dropped LMS and you can’t install a recent version. And your Synology is too old to use a docker.

The Mac is overkill for LMS, but if it’s not doing anything, it’ll be fine. Once you have it all set up you’ll be fine to run it without screen etc.

Yep the Mac mini hasn’t been used for an age so it won’t hurt sat in a cupboard running it. Nice one, I got that DSD Dac off Amazon last weekend so if I can get streaming Spotify and my library that’ll be fun, I’ve ran vinyl only for the last 18 month pretty much through the horns so it’ll be nice to go back through and revisit my digital music collection.

Cool. If you’re not running a multi room system then you could just plug the DAC into the Mac and use Spotify connect. If iTunes plays your music format then that might be easier then going LMS.

1 Like

No it would just be stand alone on the main system.
Spotify wouldn’t was my files on the Nas drive though would it?

No, that’s where you’d use iTunes, which can I think be controlled by your iPhone. I’m not really up on Apple stuff any more, but it has to be able to do that.

Ok, I have a Google phone. I have Lms running on the Mac, all good and it’s scanning the Nas but just trying to figure out connection of touch to it now…

1 Like

Try going to settings, advanced, software update, on the Touch.

Did some reading on this.
Try, settings, advanced, diagnostics, software update.

Thanks I’ll have a look tomorrow. Got bored and fired up the Audiograil 301

. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

You need to follow that link in the LMS settings page. The LMS version you have is newer than the Touch expects, and there’s some patch for the Touch to update its firmware. Only needs to be done once.

they dont but you can get it to work - its a load of faff, and as soon as Syn updates you need to start again. Almost as much of a faff than fixing Pi’s

Can you plug the Allo digione into a pc? forgive my lack of know how but i am new to streaming.