Streaming

RPi only

How did you manage to get LMS running on a Mac Mini, me and @edd9000 tried and never succeeded.

LMS worked fine, the Tidal plugin (ickstream which is now dead) didnt work.

1 Like

Ah, yes remember now. Is there no way still to integrate Tidal, unless you use Roon?

Tidal works fine, just uses a different app.

I was using Tidal on the Mac, I’m using Roon at the moment and it’s good with Tidal integrated. Just wondered if there was an alternative.

I meant a different app within LMS.

Tidal is part of the new versions of LMS now.

Yes but it’s still an “app” within lms. It can add your tidal library into your main library as well, I haven’t decided if I like that or not.

As @anon14766838 says, rpi only, but if you buy as a player the rpi is attached.

My experience has been that this is not a frustration free way of streaming, it’s just a cheap-skates way of getting to sound on par with the £1k streamers.

If I could go back 2 years and speak to my tight-arse self I would say find the extra dough and buy a plug-and-play solution.

Yer thinking about the bluesound node 2i,have also thought about just buying a pc sound card with a digital out and fitiing it to my pc and then into a dac then into my amps.Already have a good dac and my pc is in same room as hifi.

That is what my friend does, and you are not limited to what goes inside the PC. Probably best to use a USB sound card.

1 Like

Very good idea cost wise too! Sorry if I repeat what others have said, I did it this way for a while and used Jriver and foobar from pc with good sound results. Jriver has a remote app too, sure foobar would have too, so you wouldn’t have to stare at the pc screen either.

1 Like

Yer think that is the path i am going to take,its not like it will be my main source.

What dac do you have? USB inputs available?

It is a old school Kinshaw,no usb input so i need a sound card with a coax out or buy a usb dac seems to be a few on e-bay.

As it’s for Spotify, couldn’t you just use Airplay (or android equivalent) to a receiver with digi out? I use Airplay to my tv or an airport express and then into dac via optical, it’s about as easy as it gets. I can also do this to play music from my nas.

You could buy a USB > SPDIF converter, I had a Gustard U12 for a while and it did the job well.

@Ciderpig it’s amazing how up to date LMS feels now. Install the Material Skin plugin on it and it’s fantastic.

These are the plugins I think you’ll want.

1 Like

A friend is going to lend me his ifi zen dac for a few days,will see how i get on with that.