Streaming

if you want Tidal, you install the plugin via LMS setting page, then configure it via mysqueezebox.com

Unfortunately my touch won’t work. It connected once, then I updated it and now it always fails to connect to my Nas. 🤷🏻

You’re pointing it at the Mac, not the NAS right?

I can see you have been away from Hifi for a while :grinning:

It’s been a few years

Hmmm, connect it to my WiFi and it tries to connect to ‘NAS’ which is what I called the files located in my Nas when settling up the Squeezebox server on the Mac. It connected once but then I ran an update on the Squeezebox and it won’t connect again since.

It should connect to the LMS running on the Mac. Go through the touch setup again.

I mean I called the LMS ‘NAS’. Touch won’t connect to it, it tries and fails. Unless I’m dumb. Which is possible.

I don’t use wireless, but if you have the newest version of LMS on the computer (8.2), you must have the latest update the Touch will take, which is 7.8. If that is what you have, try going into settings, advanced, network, and try to connect manually.
Otherwise I will have to leave it to Adam.

If the Mac isn’t left on constantly, do you need to set a fixed IP for it?

I run to seperate LMS servers, and they are both turned off, every night. I have no problems.

Just checked and the software is updated to 7.8 on the touch. Frustrating.

Is that the right IP address?

Not sure if it’s relevant but I had lots of fun with my non-functioning SBT recently. The router had randomly decided to enable MAC address filtering for the 2.4 GHz band. I had to go into the settings and allow all devices.
It took me hours and copious swearing to discover this.

This is what mine looks like.
Have you registered on mysqueezebox.com?

That’s an internally generated address, so somehow it isn’t getting a address from your router. I assume you’ve factory reset to go through setup again?

That’s a valid address that probably came from a router, self assigned start with 169.254.x.x

I’m already thinking of getting another pi to have permanently set up in the living room with the usb dac/HP amp i use for my big sennheisers

I’d expect a 192.168.x.x address to be from the router