Supex 900 with ESC stylus - Trade anyone?

I have a Supex 900 with a sapphire cantilever and an ESC Paratrace stylus I wish to trade for something like a BENZ Glider (either HIGH or medium output) or similar.

This is the finest cartridge I have ever owned but the problem now is that the output is far too low for my present system and I don’t want to go down the road of phono stages or SUT’s.

It is due back with me tomorrow and will have zero hours.

Rob998 - Yes I am mad

I knew that mate, but I’m shocked that this is going, it’s bloody lovely, was looking forward to hearing it with the retip.

First Chris @thebiglebowski virtually giving his Tune Audios away, now this. Is it the end days and no-one has told me yet?

I’d be interested in this - I’ve got a Benz wood low output or a Koetsu Black. The Wood was retipped by Roberto Torlai and used for a few months before I changed over to a Benz LPS. The Koetsu was retipped by Dom at NW Analogue but I prefer the LPS so it only played 5 or 6 records.
I haven’t looked into relative values yet. What do you think?

1 Like

I’d be interested but my problem is I am trying to avoid low output cartridges as I’d have to up my phono stage (ARC PH1) to a MC stage or use SUT’s. Neither of which I want to go down that road if possible.

Chewing

In that case I’ve also got a Benz Wood high output (2mV iirc) which used to work very nicely into an Audion valve MM phono stage. It was re-fettled by Benz in Switzerland a few years ago (7? 8?) and has sat unused in a drawer ever since.
I don’t really fancy taking my LPS off the arm & having to re-adjust it again afterwards in order to test the Wood HO. However I’m happy to post it to you to try - if you like it we can talk about the swap. If not, just post it back. Send me a pm if you’re interested & we can sort addresses etc.

1 Like

Whoops. I have just realised my mistake and edited my post. It should have read high output!

I am very interested in the Benz High. I am using an ACE M at the moment and love everything about Benz.

I will post a few photos of the Supex in the morning.

In between can you send me a PM as I am unsure how you start a PM conversation on here

Click on the avatar of the person you want to PM and you get a pop up, in the top right of the pop up is a Message Icon.

I’m sure a salty old sea dog like you can work it out from there…

And there lies the problem. We are vicious thick fuckers when it comes to technology. My technology is a fucking sextant

2 Likes

I don’t. May be it is because I haven’t written several thousand posts yet so I am not allowed to PM anyone and classed as a virgin to forums. Or even worse a Robot

Or is it because JaS administrates on here and has banned me before I have even fucking started?

No JaS on here. The Mods are all cunts, obviously, but I’m not aware of any PM restrictions.

What are you posting on Chris, PC, tablet or phone?

1 Like

By letter…that is the PO for you

On the Politically Correct PC

Thank Heavens for that

No Cafe Latte? No Technics 1200 fan club?

Ah OK, I don’t have a pc, so trying to remember what this site looks on one, but if you can see your avatar, at the top right of the screen which to me looks like an S in a blue circle, you need to sort that, click on it, and you shoud get a drop down, and in the drop down is an envelope icon, then you click on that and it should be straightforward.

If you don’t get the envelope it might be a forum trust level thingy which is probably related to post count…

I’ll pass on messages if you have trouble.

It’s because you’re a new user. I’ve updated your account, please try again.

1 Like

Ha ha, that twat would have a new arsehole ripped if he was a member here…

1 Like

Thank you very much indeed coco. I have managed to PM and a very happy bunny (albeit an evil bunny) at this end.

1 Like

Now you need a proper avatar.

Think you have to put 20 quid in a brown envelope marked “mods” then stick it in your cd rom

2 Likes

Ah, I see you’ve already identified the soft touch mod.

2 Likes