Tales from the Ginnel

Ohhh Lala !

Should be done in the next three weeks or so :slight_smile:

Time to make a new table, have a slab of Elm (one on right)

which should finish up similar to the one I used on the HiFi unit

The design ideas for the underpinning are about finalised, timber being ordered. There are some right ole ugly designs out there

This is more like it and I’ll be making a variation on this

9 Likes

Nakashima style, beautiful.

PS, finished with the plane, will have it back with you end of the week.

Cheers Simon, hope it did the job for you.

Nakashima style, American Black Walnut timber, can’t quite stretch to that quantity of English Walnut :slight_smile:

I really like this one

2 Likes

An original is eye wateringly expensive, 6 figure expensive. One made in the workshop today by Nakashima’s family would be well in excess of £20k. It’s on my lotto win list, which would make more sense if I actually bought a bloody ticket outside of my birthday.

1 Like

The style of the last pic is my favourite. I think it’s the angle of the legs I like, although that may be the angle of the pic.

My adze work has come on leaps and bounds

1 Like

He’s barking.

1 Like

No safety gear, he’ll get the chop

The camera isn’t picking up the translucent nature of this finish too well, the sycamore ripple is visible through the finish.

14 Likes

Maybe do a video and some shimmery hand actions above it?

I’ll leave all the fancy pants photography to Matt, mobile phones just aren’t that good. With that finish, it’s back in its box :grinning:

That looks sensational

Champions League final winners edition 2019

4 Likes

It’s close, but the actual colour is a couple of tones darker. Must invest in a daylight bulb one day.

Hey Bob, in pic 2 I can see that one of your planes (must be a small one) has fallen into the liquid. You’d better fish it out before the plinth sets !

VB

Lovely and amazing work as ever Bob! :smiley:

Lovely job