Tales from the Ginnel

What type of saw(s) are you using to cut the pins?

Use this with the magnetic guide. Blades really do last for years. Easy to chip the end if over enthusiastic, easy does it.

I use the MK1 version of this for coping out the waste.

2 Likes

The glue up prep

3 Likes

You have me lusting after one of these now for doing metalwork… (as well as fancying a new coping saw to replace the crappy one I have)

1 Like

They are bloody good, mine is a 5 inch depth version, blade tension is excellent. I think mine was a mk 2.

1 Like

I failed to resist and have ordered a 5" fret saw.

5 Likes

Right, I’ve deleted the banter from Bob’s thread. Fun as it was, it was just thread crapping.

3 Likes

Half a lid, from memory i think this is spalted hickory.

6 Likes

Full lid

One half rebated, other to finish tomorrow along with the carry handle and lock.

8 Likes

Lovely job Bob
Foo creams and polish are quite expensive but you have to have them under lock and key? :grinning:

1 Like

Do you always listen to the same Birthday Party Album while you are working, Bob ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tops and swiveling carry/locking handle trial fitted. Will finish tonight and then move onto the interior.

12 Likes

Walnut carry handle glued and fixed with a single walnut dowel each side.

Interior progressing

7 Likes

Wait, all this is for a shoe shine box? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I know, Bob could at least keep Koetsu, SPU and IO cartridges inside it.

looks that way.

Wondering if Bob (AKA johnny shoeshine) is planning to turn states witness on the Lopwell gang? Shoe shine guys always talk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8hTAr7Nw4I

5 Likes

You may have to talk to the girl guides about a hit…

1 Like

I fancy making a 3 drawer, drop front Secretaire for that. Lots of small drawers and boxes inside boxes, plus secret compartments. Also a handy little workplace for cart fitting and general titting around.

2 Likes

Yeah, I:

1 - didn’t read that bit
2 - forgot the lengths of insanity that are commonplace on this forum

Overall, I fucking love it!

1 Like