Tales from Uh-merica

Hasn’t he already declared bankruptcy? They’ll get nowt once the lawyers get their slice

3 Likes

He had filled for it for him and his company. His worth has yet to be determined, but estimated at 270mil. He will lose all of that and I suspect that once lawyer fees are taken the remainder (there are still other cases to be bought) will be split equatably among the plaintiffs.

Oh dear, what a shame for him.

One bit I loved about the case is that because he had already been ruled as being liable he couldn’t use a freedom of speech argument in court, lovely👍

11 Likes

tumblr_o50h1o7UYq1rn7bzro1_400

3 Likes

8 Likes

The plaintiffs know they will never see most of the money, the idea is a concerted effort to so financially cripple him that Infowars disappears.
Stupid cunt energized a whole generation of fuckwits :rage:

1 Like

Also facing a third trial next year.

Watching the Parkland School shooting sentencing, live on Sky News. Albeit briefly, I’ve switched it off.

To televise this seems far too voyeuristic for my liking, especially showing the reaction of the relatives of victims as the verdicts are read.

I really don’t think these things should be televised.

1 Like

Having been exposed to this from when I was a teenager, I never really thought about it. That was until recently. In later years I do find the voyeuristic nature of the production a bit irksome.
Not for me, I’m afraid.

I’m altogether uncomfortable with the televising of people’s anguish. Sometimes it can make a wider difference, as in the televising of famine. But in this particular case I fear it won’t persuade the holders of guns to surrender them, or the legislators to take them off them :frowning_face:.

I’m OK with the televising of justice being done though, although frankly not interested enough to watch it myself.

Coming to a Court in the UK any day soon, god help us!

The answer is more guns. Now, what is the question?

The core principle of allowing people to see clearly how the justice system works is, I think, quite a sound one.

But the last people to be in control of the presentation is anyone remotely involved in the television or film industry!

1 Like

True, but it is the USA and their culture. They are very used to this and I suspect the average American pays little attention to the shenigans of the TV directors. As with a lot of things American, they make zero sence to us.

bring back

1 Like

I used to love going to watch cases at the old Bailey and Knightsbridge

Watching a top prosecutor and barrister is like watching two actors jousting

1 Like

I spent nine weeks on jury service , fraud case ,…watching the prosecutor reduce a very intelligent middle aged man in the dock to a quivering wreck ,…awesome viewing to witness.

The law, but not necessarily justice, in action

5 Likes
1 Like

Lovely. It’s all about the money, enrollments and hence revenues up at schools that have bought into them.

Just imagine if the shooter or knife wielding loon was in one with the other students. Nicely protected from armed police.

Only in American eh