The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

Good advice cheers, a work colleague has been forced down a similar route for his driving licence DVLA, over two years now…

Not fit for purpose.

1 Like

Yeah I think there’s a big difference between new passports and renewals.

Was the birth certificate the only document sent? It could be a simple issue of someone missing that there were two attachments or something stupid.

I’d look up how much time it would take to get another copy of the birth certificate sent to them while also pursuing the passport office. If it’s just a tenner and takes a few days, that might be the easiest solution.

1 Like

I suspect they are totally inundated but there are same-day passport offices in Liverpool (and elsewhere?). May be worth looking at as a last resort. You (of course) pay for the privilege but probably cheaper than losing your holiday.

1 Like

If you try the same day passport service it is more expensive and be sure you have proof of the holiday booking he is going on with him mentioned by name on the booking and the date of the booking so that you can prove you have given the passport office a reasonable amount of time to process the application. They will refuse one day applications if they think a few mates got drunk last night and decided to go for an away day tomorrow. Take too much documentation if there is such a thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys :+1:.

We’ve finally managed to get through to someone on the phone. It was hard to get them to understand the situation…he was a moron. He’s hopefully passed us on to someone who can understand, they will allegedly call us back in the next 24 hours.

Meanwhile, we are sending another official copy birth certificate today by special delivery so they have no excuses…

All day return Leamington to Banbury: £11.60
All day return Banbury to Oxford: £14.20

So an all day return from Leamington to Oxford is of course…
£43.80
Train companies: do you even maths?

trainline.com is a load of wank, use splitmyfare instead

1 Like

Back in the noughties I’d quite often split my journey from Didcot to Runcorn (or sometimes Warrington) several times. Banbury was a common separator, as was Wolverhampton and, sometimes, Stafford.

There was literally no sense to it.

1 Like

You are correct, but even they offer split tickets now

Train spotting?

Living the life :smiley:

Work, sadly, often several times a month for a few years. When I couldn’t bear the A34/M40/M42/M6/M56 any longer I’d take the train. And when I couldn’t bear the West Coast Main Line any longer I’d be back in the car.

1 Like

No explanation req

Even the seemingly most moderate of religions is all *ucked up!

Andrew should be ‘forgiven’ in a US court like any non royal would be.

2 Likes

I think that forgiveness requirements contrition or, at the very least, acknowledgement. Sweaty nonce can fuck off.

4 Likes

I’m also pretty sure forgiveness is a matter for the victim, not for anyone else. Really no fucking clue what Welby is on about here, seems dodgy as fuck. I wonder if the Queen has been having a word.

Has he been on the fucking glue? Some cunt needs to ram that canterbury cap right up his sphincter.

I would have thought the Church would have been furious that Handrew had been encroaching on their territory :unamused:

7 Likes

I am travelling to Cunterbary this week. I will have a word :+1:

According to ‘a spokesman’, Welby has been misquoted, with two separate statements concatenated by the press…

Since all parties to this are loathesome, untrustworthy and/or demonstrably delusional, it’s not only pointless trying to pick the bones out of it, it also gives unwarranted weight to anything the church says.

2 Likes

Perhaps what was really said was that we should all have some forgiveness over the jubilee weekend.
And his second comment was ‘this, of course, does not apply to that cunt Andrew’.
You can see how the fail would combine the two