The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

Fuck, I hate reddit

1 Like

Woman I work with has Christmas done and dusted by the end of July each year.
Even the cards are written ready for posting on 1st December.

1 Like

Whoever is responsible for this.

Blame Peabody, blame plod, blame social services, blame neglectful families, blame cuts, blame cunts, blame Conseratives - but most of all, blame society’s utter fragmentation and alienation.

Cases like hers are disturbingly common everywhere now, the only reason it’s in the news at-all is that she was relatively young - it’s usually the forgotten elderly.
:frowning_face:

3 Likes

Not sure how that stuff is fixed. I’ll openly admit my misanthropic tendencies are getting worse by the day. The fewer people i meet on a day the less i want to punch. This is tragic though… No age at all with no friends or family, very sad,

2 Likes

Are you me?

But seriously - no question, this case is tragic.

The death of society is tragic…

Crying shame. I can’t beleive that the housing association applied for her benefits direct to cover the rent she wasn’t paying (due too an onset of death), cut off her gas and walked away.

1 Like

From Peabody’s Wiki -

Peabody states that in pursuit of its mission it will: “put the most vulnerable first”…”

They should be prosecuted, but I suspect are beyond the reach of law at an institutional level.

Worst I have had so far was 2 months not noticed. Not known to police, GP called it in as they had missed an appointment.

Went around and could smell death from the corridor of the flats. No next of kin, the neighbour hadn’t seen him for a few months either, although they had a spare key, didn’t think to check. They weren’t sure why there was a smell and hadn’t thought to check either even though they knew no one looked after or cared for them :man_facepalming:

That is grim.

I have thought about the life of a uniformed PC and have divided it into 2 lists.
a) Things I would like to do
b) Things I would not like to do

So far it looks like this

List A - Driving round in fast cars with flashing blue lights
List B - Everything else.

2 Likes

:rofl:

It’s not all bad, we found a large amount of cash and secured it before the flat got cleared out and it ‘disappeared’.

Also managed to find a son who lived abroad, took a month, but managed to inform them and get the money to them. Makes up for bad bits, like when their legs popped :face_vomiting:

Old boy here - lived between us and the pub so used to see him often before the pub went to shit - passed-away last winter. Nice old fella, but he was notoriously The Village Bore - once he got you he’d talk at you forever and never listen to a word that came out of anyone else’s face… He’d also stopped washing himself some time in the 1990s, and so all that knew him used to try to sneak past him. He was also notable for being a miser with a 6-figure sum stashed in the bank, while living in a literally-collapsing house and eating only the cabbages and spuds he grew in his garden, the entire upstairs of his house was boarded-off - just him in one room with a damp coal fire burning in all weather…
It was that that got him - he was too tight to have the chimbley swept, and so it was choked to the point that CO was filling the room and even the broken windows and holes in the wall weren’t enough to ventilate it…
He lay undiscovered for two months because we were all sneaking-past hoping not to get got. Feel bad about that.

People talk about oldies like him in terms of “neglect” and “mental illness”, but he wasn’t unhappy or daft in the least - one of the most cheerful people you could meet, he wanted exactly the life he was living, he’d known nothing else, grown-up in that ratty old timewarp house, and the very last thing he wanted was interference or change. Makes me ambivalent: what happened ain’t right, but people make determined choices, and will brook no change unless forced, and that sits uneasy with me.

2 Likes

Having just seen We Own This City, definitely thought you were going to say, ‘we found a large amount of cash and trousered it’.

1 Like

Self entitled prick, pay for your own private security just like the other celebrities have to.

2 Likes

This, self neglect means any interaction with police will be reported and go to other agencies. But if they don’t accept any help or advice then there is little that can be done to help.

1 Like

This is why everything we do is monitored, body worn video is recording the whole time. They can also listen in and open the mic on our radios without us knowing.

2 Likes

TBF he’s willing to, the main problem and basis of the court case is that the HO are not sharing intel or threats with him and are refusing to allow his security to be armed.

They are also refusing to allow him to pay and have access to HO CP.

They are refusing to allow him to pay for police. How many other individuals are allowed to hire police?

Funeral Directors*, today, 1 week before we lay my mum to rest, and over a month after we booked: “We’ve double-booked another funeral at 3pm, alright to move you to a different time?”.
Luckily for them they got hold of my brother first, so it’s now 4pm, but they have the benefit of my full wrath - and it’s been a while since I was quite this fucking angry. This I really do not fucking need!

*Hinton Park Woodland Burial Ground, nr Bournemouth.

1 Like

I’m more upset about how many get it for free….