The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

OOF!

Eastern European Mikulas is on Dec 6th so the oof is slightly reduced.

The Blackadder version is far better.

1 Like

Too right.

Stagecoach East Midlands.

We’ve been using their 56 bus to get into and out of Horncastle for the last few days so we can both have a tipple at the various family get-togethers around my cousin’s 60th. The last bus ‘home’ is 21:45, but that suits Mrs VB who’s very much an early-to-bed person. Yesterday was the big do - afternoon at my cousin’s followed by evening in town centre pub. We’re at the bus stop at 21:40 along with a lad who’s just finished at the local Tesco’s. But no bus. At 22:05 he calls his mum to ask if she’ll come out and pick him up. We ask him if he knows where the bus is. He’s got the phone app which shows it’s been stationary at a country stop 10-15 miles away for the last 20 mins. He says this quite often happens.

Back to the pub where my teetotal brother rescues us :+1:.

Sky Broadband, cunts.

My deal came to an end and the cunts lifted the price to 52 quid, just for broadband and line rental. Are they fucking idiots, wankers.

You have to go through the drill.
Call the retension people. You will have to haggle with them, but will most probably, end up with a good deal.

1 Like

I did that just now, ended up with a total less than that I was paying previously. Why do they price gouge people, really fucking winds me up.

2 Likes

Because many people won’t go through the hassle. Easy money for them. They make more than enough money out of those that are clueless or lazy, to more than cover the discount, they give you.
We have been with the AA, for nearly 40 years. Have to do it, every year.

1 Like

That’s why I like plusnet, get a reminder at the end of contract and usually very good renewal offers, ringing them always gets a couple of bob knocked off as well. At the moment fibre broadband average speed 70mb, line rental a cracking service and bt sport for £37 pmonth. As long as they keep their standard I’ll stay with them.

You should, of course, now tell them to shove their products and go to a company that doesn’t try and rob its customers. But, of course, we stay with the cheapest because that’s what we’re supposed to do.

They aren’t the cheapest, but you hope, somewhere, sometime, that loyality, might just help!

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Any notion of that disappeared when the bean counters started running things

1 Like

The stuff you actually want from the AA is purely window-dressing for the utter shit they actually want to sell you.

Loyalty is a wholly unknown concept in the business world outside of small local outfits.

2 Likes

Fixed.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, you’ve missed my point entirely. Sticking with a firm that tries to screw you by phoning them up and getting them to give you the price they could have given you in the first place strikes me as a shittier use of time than just using a comparison site and picking the cheapest.

Of course arguing about it on a forum is far more constructive.

Perhaps not entirely. I was kicking off (completely pointlessly, I accept, given the economy we live in) against having to spend my time getting a reasonable deal. I don’t necessarily want the absolute best, but I don’t want to spend significant time on the struggle either (not even checking comparison websites out).

It can (rarely) be the way I want it. Two streets from me is a very small independent garage. I walked round there on Monday morning and spent literally a few minutes arranging to have the car serviced and MOT’d. It won’t be as cheap as if I’d spent the morning working at it. But Joe will charge reasonably, won’t do anything which doesn’t need doing and will do what does to a high standard. We spent more time chatting about his dry garden and my broken wrist than arranging the car stuff. I just wish all my commercial dealings were like that.

3 Likes

I hate this type of process at renewals where I get offered a price and when I find a cheaper price the original supplier then says they can beat it. If they genuinely can do the deal at a lower price why (rhetorically) do they not offer me that cheaper price? I know the answer and I rarely accept the “oh we can beat that price” 2nd go. I know it costs me but that is my bit of protest against suppliers that will willingly rip me off unless I do my own research. I suppose “caveat emptor” but I prefer using people like Joe or those who say “this is the price” and I know I am in a priveleged position.

Hoo boy!