The Allotment has nearly had a clean shave

car port?

Ha , not quite! Hopefully with vines growing it will look a bit better one day

why wait when astro-vines are available

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/180cm-Artificial-Red-Grape-Vine-Garland-Decorative-Fake-Vines-Plants/301334557553?ul_ref=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=2&pub=5575376664&toolid=10001&campid=5338268676&customid=4bd988ec-5188-46ca-8353-15743c67ad2a&lgeo=1&item=301334557553&srcrot=710-53481-19255-0&rvr_id=1999075007443&rvr_ts=3105fe0916b0ab1348318f78ffef8fb8&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true&pageci=2df197cc-4de0-4e00-b89b-89ba04e6a6f3

1 Like

Well the local wildlife like the new addition

P1060610 by , on Flickr

2 Likes

Todays crop garlic, strawberries and broad beans.

12 Likes

Sounds like a crap salad you’re having for lunch :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Picked 2lb of strawberries for jam. Blackbirds have been enjoying them too. Plenty’s for us all.

5 Likes

Today while I was Kondo Fan hunting at Cranage, Claire did some gardening, specifically hedge trimming. She did some yesterday with our petrol trimmers, but ran out of the two stroke mix I made up for her.

Rather than make some more up, she borrowed our next door neighbours leccy ones.

So why, when I went into the conservatory when I got home did I find this?

Hmm, might have something to do with this:

I only get petrol stuff for this exact reason, and Claire moans like hell at me, and calls me a careless twat because of it. I think I shall milk this one for a while…

7 Likes

Mind yourself, not sure you would want to face an upset lady with a petrol trimmer in hand.

1 Like

The rule here I think is to be very supportive don’t milk it and put it in the bank for when you next knob up. “Don’t worry my dear it’s not like you were hurt, it is just so easy to do that”

1 Like

Well at least now you have made friends with Kondo you can replace it with their mains cable.

1 Like

Confession! I did exactly that on Friday. Felt such a twat. As I put the hedge-cutter down and the flex dropped into the blades. I picked it up and automatically checked it was working. It was, for a split second.

Give her a hug from me xx

2 Likes

Been there, done that. Would never have a hedge trimmer with a cord as its too easy to go through the damn thing.

I am planning on doing some corded hedge trimming today. My stats are also mentionable I have trimmed two hedges with electric trimmers and cut the cord just once.

Hedge trimmed - No electricals damaged.

2 Likes

Very easy to do sadly , i still prefer the low maintenance electrical type rather than petrol . i suppose cordless electrical is a good option

I’ve just bought a Worx 40v cordless lawn mower, it amazed me how good it is, mows the lawns on a single charge. So much lighter and more maneuverable than the old Atco rotary.

1 Like

Here you go

Mows the lawn on zero charge and saves you the gym membership too.

VB

2 Likes

I have a Ego cordless lawnmower - it replaced a 21" honda petrol - Also amazed,

1 Like

Oh my gosh vb , do you use one of them ?

VB’s had it from new, serviced after every cut. Man after @stu heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like