The crotch rocket thread

Current tractor.

All sorted, perfect day for it.

4 Likes

Not that I am really looking to buy a different bike, but oooooo

Claire wants to start going on the back of my bike again, and even suggested that doing a coastal route circumnavigation of the UK.

I fear something like this lies in my futureā€¦

:scream:

3 Likes

I like Goldwings, I was working on rebuilding a GL1100 in the states before I came home.

Perhaps not one as blingy as that. Thereā€™s a couple for about 5/6k that arenā€™t horrendous, and itā€™s certainly a lot of bike for the cash.

Would have to budget for matching CHiPs helmets of course. And leather jackets with embroidered Eagles on the back.

3 Likes

Never go full Harley.

Not sure I could cope with a pillion, though its a nice idea.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind them on a bike that can take a normal sized one (ie not a 998). As long as they sit like a sack of spuds and donā€™t try to lean in to the turns you get used to them fairly quickly. Car park speed manoeuvring can be a bit worrying.

It is anyway, Iā€™m useless. My back is fucked. Once I have a few more miles on the Varadero I will convince her she needs leathers :smiley:

Is that a caravan itā€™s towing? :thinking:

Itā€™s a caravan for itā€™s own spare wheelā€¦

1 Like

Noice. You could install a R2R in there

3 Likes

How about a nice 1952 BSA with sidecar?

Just no, no fucking way. What even is the point of outfits like that. Cold, wet and stuck in traffic.

1 Like

Itā€™s a motorised armchair of awfulness. How could you not love a Goldwing?

3 Likes

Pretty much. I love superbikes etc, but I mostly just like anything with an engine. The Goldwing engine is nice. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d bother with one here, but where I was in Florida with straight roads everywhere a Goldwing seemed like fun.

Mine was like this:

I paid $500 for it with a dead engine, and $180 for a used engine, I was 80% through the swap when I had to come back.

2 Likes

Fuck me, thought this was about motorbikes, not fucking self propelled armchairs.

3 Likes

Just a detour.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 Like

I remember seeing a Goldwing with a jetski on a trailer in the early 90s.
It drove onto the slipway and went into reverse gear, backed the trailer into the water and floated the jetski off the trailer.
I had never seen a bike with a reverse gear before.